Chapter Forty - Three

I Like Me Better - Lauv || "If we lay, let the day just pass us by I might get to too much talking I might have to tell you something...Damn, I like me better when I'm with you"

Before our eyes, the seasons were quickly beginning to change. The cool air was slowly leaving us for brighter skies. This meant spring was close and everyone could feel the excitement. It was around this time that we started to have more activities take place on campus as well as submitting out internships for the summer.

With the school years end fast approaching it was imperative for us to get our names out there for the summer. We needed to have at least some idea of where we were going to be working so we could relocate and prepare before the last day of school. I had a few places in mind when it came to where I wanted to go. Shockingly, Bakugou had a few of my picks on his list as well. I only knew this because we submitted ours at the same time last week.

He had finally returned back to school fully healed and I couldn't have been happier. It was nice having him back with me. I always knew I enjoyed his company, but I didn't realize just how much until he was out for that short time. On the other hand, everyone else was still unsure of us even after my big announcement to the whole class 1-A on my way to the hospital. Bakugou didn't seem to mind the stares much and I followed his lead. Tapping my pencil against the corner of my desk I couldn't help but look up to the front of the class in the direction of his desk. Bakugou's blonde hair bounced slightly when he wrote his notes as his hand moved meticulously against the paper. He was so cute when he worked hard in class. I always liked that about him.

Hearing Mr. Aizawa clear his throat I quickly snap my attention to the front of the class. He had his sleeping bag wrapped around his face as he made his announcement. "Alright, so our parent day is coming up this weekend, make sure to get in touch with your mom, dad, guardian ... and figure out who's coming so we can make a head count". As soon as he finished he dropped down to the floor and was fast asleep.

I felt a frown push down my face as I looked to my paper and scribbled into it. What's the use, it is not like my mom and dad would even be here anyway. They were always so busy with work and saving money so a trip into the city would just be... a waste of time. I missed them terribly, but the reality of it was that they would never be able to make the trip and I would just have to settle for the phone calls every so often. I've dealt with it a number of times before and expected it now, no hard feelings. Right?

The bell rang in the distance as I remained in my seat for a minute still spacing out. I wanted to call my dad and beg him to be here, plead to be beside me and enjoy a day of fun where he and my mother could meet all my new friends at school, but I already could hear his response.

"Hey Ochaco?" a voice boomed beside me as I looked up. Bakugou stood with his hands in his pockets and his back hunched over slightly "Ready to go?" his eyebrows furrowed in a questioning way. Could he tell us was upset?

"O-oh yeah sorry," I say throwing my things in my bag as Bakugou takes hold of the straps throwing my bag over his shoulder along with his own as we make our way out of the dull room. I could tell Bakugou was worried, but I kept quiet as we walked down the steps in silence. I knew the minute he asked me I would start crying.

As classmates pushed past us with wide eyes I continued my gaze down the stairs with Bakugou attached to my hip. I wanted to tell him, confide in the fact I feel a bit hurt, but I didn't want to bother him too much. Why ruin such a beautiful day.

"Want to walk outside during our break?" I say happily as he looks down through the side of his eye.

"Sounds good to me," He says with a smile.