Chapter Thirty

You Were Good To Me - Chelsea Cutler  ||  "I know it's easier to run after everything I've done you were good to me."

"Now"

Deku looked down at me as I lifted myself up off the couch. He seemed serious as I felt the eyes on us as causing me to tense up. I look down at his tight grip then back at him. I had never seen him mad at me before and I did not like it.

Todoroki noticed and walked up beside him, "Deku this isn't necessary". He whispered so only we could hear. Todoroki always could read what was going on in Deku's mind, so he already probably knew what this was about. Deku flashed him a look pulling me by my wrist beside him. "Well only be gone a minute".

I had never before felt scared of Deku, but the way he was tightening his grip on my wrist and his tone made me nervous. Todoroki looked defeated at me as Deku and I made our way through the front door quickly stopping on the front steps. I looked back at a few other confused faces. Bakugou specifically looked thrown off as his teeth grit beginning to get up from the sight. I shake my head at him as he plops back down on the couch keeping his gaze with crossed arms.

Pushing through the door he pulled me along behind him finally letting go as the cool night air hit my skin. As goosebumps rose up along my arms. Feeling the sting around my wrist I begin to rub the sore spot looking to down at how it turned red before my eyes. "D-Deku, what's going on?" I say confused.

"I don't know Ochaco, why don't you tell me that", Deku yelled as his face began to soften up when his gaze met mine followed by tears poured from his eyes. Now I recognized him again. I walk over close to him extending a hand out as he slaps it away, I gasp taking a step back. I watched as tears continued to stream down his face as I tried to read his expression.

After a bit of silence he finally speaks up, "I knew you and Kacchan were getting close, b-but it seems like there is something going on". I stare at him unable to move, it felt like the world around me was spinning. I couldn't keep lying about all this. Deku kept his gaze on me boring holes into my face as he stared intently at me. "I-I'm not sure what you mean," I say looking down at the ground. "You would never lie to me if something happened right?" Deku clenched his jaw staring at me. He was serious now and I couldn't lie any longer, it wasn't in my nature. As the wind blew around us I swallowed wishing I could just run away.

"You know what forget it Ochaco" Deku began walking into the door again as my shaking legs took a step towards him. "Wait !" I yell out to him causing him to turn to look at me.

"Deku, something did happen..." I sigh and he turns his head listening intently. "Bakugou and I.. Well, w-we kissed" I sighed unsure of his reaction as I immediately look down at the ground clenching my fists as my eyes shut, "ButWeBothKnowItWasAMistake" I didn't even take a breath as I slowly looked up to see Deku's expression remained unchanged. "I promise you, we both just think we're better friends and it just- it just happened.." I sigh not wanting to look at him. I still couldn't believe that I actually told him, I still couldn't believe I did it.

"So you...and Bakugou...kissed?" I nod my head ashamed "and decided you all are better off friends? Why though- why even do it? I'm trying to figure out when and how you all even got close Ochaco!" putting his fingers through his hair I could tell Deku was trying to process everything as he turned his back to me looking out at the distance. Based on the sniffles I knew he was crying causing my stomach to sink.

"Deku.. p-please. Bakugou and I have been friends since the first sports festival" I sigh "I told him were better off friends because- I only care about YOU, that's why it was a mistake... that's why I told him we were better off friends.." I now felt the stinging in my eyes because I was opening doors that not only I wanted to keep closed, but so did Bakugou. I promised him I would never say anything and here I am the same night doing the opposite.