Chapter Forty - Two

She Burns - Foy Vance || "But when I stand beside her she burns like petrol soaked paper and fireworks and I'm burning so deep that just breathing hurts. I'm melting darling and I can't let go"

My eyes adjusted to the extremely bright room before finally seeing him. I froze up from the sight of him holding my hands together in front of my chest as the heart rate monitor beeped in the distance.

He was laid out with bandages on his left leg and arm where he had been hit pretty bad and the rest seemed to be stitches. His eye was pretty swollen but other jab that a lot better than what I was expecting to walk into. Bakugou's eyes were closed and I could help but think about how peaceful he looked.

Ignoring the fact he was so broken, I noticed just how rounded and soft his face was when he wasn't gritting his teeth. He looked so calm I wasn't sure it was the right idea to wake him, what if he was mad I came? I looked up at Kirishima who was only one step behind me. Worry painted his expression as well before he looked over to me.

As he stepped behind me he put a hand on my shoulder whispering in my ear, "It's ok Ochaco, go ahead. I know he would be thrilled to see you."

I smile as I turn my gaze back to Bakugou. Thrilled? Kirishima was also too positive because Bakugou hardly was thrilled for anything. I chuckle to myself softly but I guess not quiet enough as the sound of movement catches my attention.

"Hey losers" a scratchy voice said from the large hospital bed. I couldn't control the emotions I was feeling. I never thought I would actually miss hearing him say something like that. When I watched him continually fight even though he was broken on TV, I truly worried I wouldn't see him again.

I slowly stepped toward him as a half smile spread on his face "Hey Angel Face" he coughed as I rested my hand on his arm.

"You don't have to talk Bakugou.."

"Sure I do!" He yelled causing him to cough more.

"Dude, there's no need to be a hero right now, you already did a great job today. It's just us now.." Kirishima was now standing at the end of his bed as he looked at Bakugou like he was disabling a child.

Bakugou rolled his eyes and looked out the window. I still had my hand on his arm as I traced the lines and where it was wrapped up. Was this what it would be like if we actually were together? Me constantly worrying and seeing him like this? He was extremely lucky things didn't turn out worse.

"How's Midoriya doing?" Kirishima said calmly as backuglu scoffed.

"Better off than me that's for sure, but he should be heading home sometime tonight"

"And you?" I said meekly. Bakugou's Head turns to me with a defeated look.

"I'll probably be here for the night and head home tomorrow. They just have to check my vitals overnight and then I should be good as new" he laughed but stopped once he saw my eyes filling with tears.

"Why do you have to be so careless!" I yell dropping my head as my hands still gripped his arm. "You don't need to take everything on all on your own! Why can't you just accept help!? Or at least ask for it!"

Bakugou's eyebrows furrowed but softened upon my hiccuped sobs. Bringing a shaky hand up to my cheek he rubbed away some of the loose tears as he looked over at Kirishima.

"Can you give us a minute?"

"I'm already on it dude" my head remained down, but I could hear Kirishima's footsteps walk through the empty hospital room, closing the door behind him when he left. Bakugou's hand was still caressing my cheek as the tears continued to drop down into the bed sheet.