Chapter Thirty-Eight

Power Over Me - Dermot Kennedy || "Everything I hold dear resides in those eyes. You've got that power over me. The only one I know, the only one on my mind"

Baku POV.

Ochaco loved me.. she really loved me. Those words remained in my head all weekend and carried into Monday. As I sat in class I had the biggest smile on my face.

The way her face smiled that morning when she realized I bought her coffee was something I wanted to see over and over again. She clearly thought I left her which was heart breaking to think about. I never want to be the reason she's upset ever again especially when she makes so much of an effort to make me happy.

Looking down at my meticulous notes I let my mind wander to the thought of her smile. The way her eyes squinted when she was really happy made a smile spread on my face as I sat in my desk. God I hope no ones fucking watching me because I look like an absolute fucking loser sitting here smiling in class.

I snap my head up looking around the room. Seems like everyone's too busy taking notes or if you're Kaminari, you're asleep. My eyes wander over to Ochaco's desk as that stupid smile spreads back on my face. She was so focused on her notes she didn't even notice my glances. She was so beautiful.

The bell rang in the distance snapping me back to reality as I loaded my books into my backpack. Maybe I should ask Ochaco to sit with us at lunch? I've been trying my best to grow the fuck up and show Ochaco things would be different this time. I still wasn't totally comfortable with everyone seeing us kiss or hold hands or whatever... but I tried my best to make her feel how much I cared.

There have been so many times I wanted to tell her how I really felt but the words never seemed to want to come out... I'm such a fucking loser. Why was I so scared to just say how I felt. I've come too far to let this shit slip through my fingers.

Seeing her brown hair sway down the hall I push through the sea of shit heads in my way. I was never going to catch up to her at this rate.

"MOVE IT !" I yell as the crowd immediately parts a perfect path for me. Pfft, such fucking weaklings.

"Oi! Wait up Angel face!!" I holler down the hallway as her head turns around meeting my gaze. Ochaco's loose hairs blew back from the movement and my heart skipped from the sight of her. Standing alone in the hallways as her small frame held her books close to her chest. Fuck, why did she have to be so damn cute? As I got closer I noticed her shocked expression but I knew she enjoyed it by the rosy tint that crept across her nose and cheeks.

Before I could even get close I watched as fucking Deku walked by saying something to her. Why did that piss me off so much? I can't actually still be fucking jealous of that fucking twerp? But I want to know what he said to her without coming off.. aggressive.

"The hell was that about?" Her expression twisted as her eyebrow raised. Shit. Too aggressive. I quickly turn my gaze away from her and watch as Deku practically skips his dumbass towards icy hot and the other extras.

"Oh god, nothing just said "Hi" is all"

My gaze snaps back to hers. She looked longingly down the hallway at her group of friends leave without her. I wasn't a total dumbass, I knew her friends were scared of me so when I was around they usually kept their distance. Kinda pissed me off because I never want to take her away from her friends or whatever. I needed to change her mood because I saw a slight frown on her face.

"Wanna grab some lunch together? I think Kirishima and those losers are already down there.." I've never asked Ochaco to come to eat lunch with us. I mean shit, the only girl that ever even came to our table was Mina, and I can count on one hand how many times that's even happened. It was the ultimate display of affections and it also was showing everyone subtly. To say I was nervous though was an understatement. I felt my hands sweat in my pockets as I watched her react.