Chapter Fifty - One

** This is a long chapter, but oh so worth it.  Bouncing back and forth from perspectives - sorry in advance! I hope you all enjoy and as always thanks for the support !!  xoxo**

The only Exception - Paramore || "And I've always lived like this. Keeping a comfortable, distance and up until now I had sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness because none of it was ever worth the risk but, you are, the only exception"

BAKU POV

This morning I was so nervous. I didn't even fucking recognize myself as I tried on outfits frantically. I tried my best to think about what Ochaco would like, but only would become more frustrated. Kirishima continually kept telling me to wear some color, but for damn sake, I can't change that much. Finally feeling comfortable with what I was wearing... sorta... and getting the approval of Kirishima I was on my way.

To say I wasn't scared shitless standing outside waiting for her would be a lie. I was fucking terrified and it's a pathetic admission I plan on keeping to myself. When she stepped through those doors earlier to meet me I swore my heart stopped right then. The way she blushed from my compliments and stares only made it worse. She was so goddamn perfect. Walking through the city with Ochaco attached to my hip felt so right, but also like a dream. I had to continually look down to make sure it was actually happening.

"So you never told me where we were headed anyways" she hummed causing me to look down and smile at her childishly pestering.

"I told you Uraraka, it's a secret"

I watched as she stuck out her bottom lip at me as we continued walking. With every step closer, I quickly felt the nerves start to build. Any loser can tell someone they love them why was it so foreign to me? Ochaco loved me for my flaws and all, as she said, but I can't even fucking open myself up without thinking through it. Maybe because I wanted it to be perfect...or maybe because I was transitioning into a different version of myself and that scared the living shit out of me...

My hands began to sweat as soon as I noticed some cherry blossoms blowing around the gutters that lined the streets. It was a sign we were getting close and I just hoped Ochaco didn't guess until we arrived. Looking down at her as we continued down the street I noticed how happy she looked. She was this happy to be by my side?

Ochaco POV

I knew something was wrong with Bakugou from his silence, but I chalked it up to him feeling uncomfortable with our PDA as we walked down the streets. We attracted quite the amount of onlookers, so maybe it was because of that.

Feeling the wind blow against my bare legs sent a shiver up my spine. I nuzzled in closer to him as he accepted my gesture wrapping his arm around my shoulder. In the back of my mind, I felt so silly holding such big information from him. We were on our way to some big surprise and I was smiling while withholding important information about our future. How could I continue walking and keep up with this act?

"Ok" Bakugou stopped in his tracks and jumped in front of me "Close your eyes"

"wait - what why?!" I pout

"BECAUSE ITS A FUCKING SURPRISE!" he yelled followed by a loud laugh as I closed my eyes sticking my tongue out at him.

"You better put that tongue away floaty before I make you put it away in front of all these people"