Chapter Thirty-One

Like I Can - Sam Smith || "Why are you looking down all the wrong roads. When mine is the heart and the soul of the song. There may be lovers who hold out their hands but he'll never love you like I can"

As Present Mic read aloud a Shakespearean sonnet my mind drifted to the bare trees blowing against the window. It had been a week and a half since Deku and I had spoken and he has once again distanced himself. Every time I even try to get in contact he is running around with All Might and does not have time. Leaving me to wonder if this was how it would always be with him or he was purposefully trying to stay away.

Sighing as I drop my face in my hand I look down at my work and begin doodling random swirls and flowers. Looking across the class I hoped to at least make eye contact with Deku and smile. Instead, I see Bakugou turned around staring at me. Has he been staring this whole class period!? I give him a look that makes him laugh out loud. The whole class turns to see what the disruption was.

"Bakugou, since you're paying such great attention why don't you tell me the meaning of this famous sonnet.." Present Mic was how standing in front of the class tapping his foot.

I swallowed and blushed looking down at the papers in front of me hoping he wouldn't call on me next.

"Damn it, fine" he sighs pushing himself back in his chair tapping his pencil a bit against the wood desk, "well if it's sonnet 18, which I'm assuming it is since you mentioned it was the most famous, that it has to do with the speaker comparing his love to a summer's day, but notes that the person has qualities that surpass a summer's day".

We have been in classes with Bakugou for a while now, but no one will ever be used to that hothead's smarts. It was always just as shocking as it was the first time he showed his true colors.

"Way to go Bakugou" Kirishima whispered to him.

"WELL, YOU WOULD KNOW TOO IF YOU FUCKING PAID ATTENTION AND READ A BOOK ONCE IN YOUR LIFE WEIRD HAIR!!" He yelled and everyone simultaneously rolled their eyes. Now he was back to the usual Bakugou.

As the bell rings everyone quickly gathers their things for their next class. I wave to Deku, who stood in the front talking to Iida, hoping he would want to walk together, but shocker he just smiles before walking out the door. Dropping my hand to my side I blush from the embarrassment. We haven't had a true conversation since I told him Bakugou and I kissed. I hadn't heard anyone talking about it so hopefully, he didn't mention it.

I have spent every day trying to get him to talk to me, but it has resulted in the same thing. It was beginning to be draining. Why was I even wasting my time? Changing into my gym clothes I make my way outside to take part in another training lead by All Might. We've done this before, two heroes and two villains so we didn't waste too much time with the rules as we waited to hear our names being called.

"YOUNG HEROS!!!!!" All Might yelled as we stood there waiting "you know the rules so let's get right to it! Hmm, ok young Midoriya and young Bakugou let's have you both heroes and Sero and Iida you'll be villains! The four boys nod their heads and run to take their positions. The rest of us go up in the control room to watch closely at the competitors.

As Sero and Iida gave the thumbs up the timer began. Deku and Bakugou made their way into the building. Bakugou leaned over got attempting to give instructions to Deku in the entryway, but Deku remained stoic and didn't respond. Truthfully he looked preoccupied.

"PAY ATTENTION YOU FUCKING NERD!" Bakugou yelled loudly waking Deku up a bit as the rest of us watched, confused at Deku's behavior. We all watched closely as they failed to work together properly. They completely did the opposite of what the other said and it was a chaotic mess for us to watch. I could tell Bakugou was getting fed up and he was about to explode any minute. There was nothing he hated more than losing so when he was given a task, even if its just gym - he gave it his all.