Chapter Eight

Great Summer - Vance Joy || "Now I'm in the dark. I'm not so used to doubt. You're my first cigarette cause you calm me"

Weeks had passed since I had last spoken to Bakugou. I was so embarrassed and hurt about everything I could hardly look at him. Each day that went by was another day I would avert my eyes away from him. Which was fine, because Deku and I had been spending more time together.

I loved the way he made me feel special, he always was thinking of me and wanting me to be happy. We spent yesterday walking around the city and talking about our futures as heroes. Deku had some huge shoes to fill since he wanted to become the new All Might, but I supported him just as much, if more, than the first day I met him.

Hearing my phone vibrate on the coffee table I quickly look to see Deku's text. Pulling it close I read it as Mina makes kissy noises. "Oh hush!" I giggle and hide the text as my face turns bright pink.

Deku: Wanna go for a walk cutie? I miss you.

Ochaco: You just saw me a few hours ago! :)

Deku: And? :) What's your point?

I smiled at my phone getting up as the girls just watched me geek out over the texts. Deku really was the cutest and most sensitive of the boys in the house. I just can't believe it took me so long to notice.

Deku: Meet me outside in 5 :)

Ochaco: See you then ! <3

Putting my phone down I met eyes with all the girls as they giggled. "STAPPPP" I quickly started floating above them as my eyes squinted shut. I hated all this attention on me, but I guess I understand their curiosity. Everyone has been expecting this since the first day of school our first year. Still upside down above them as Tsu spoke up.

"Have you all defined what is really going on here? - ribbit" She looked more like a concerned friend than someone just wanting the gossip.

"Uh. Well actual- " before I could even finish, Mina cut me off quickly.

"The real question is if you all have kissed yet!" She giggled grabbing my hand pulling me back down to the couch. Sitting back down next to the girls I shifted and readjusted my shorts. I was trying anything to ignore the subject or pretend I didn't hear.

"Well, have you?" Mina was always one for gossip. I jumped quickly looking at her then out the window then back at everyone then the ground, "oh no no we have not." I could feel my face heat up immediately. I hated talking about all of this, but it did get me wondering why Deku hadn't kissed me yet. I couldn't look up because I already knew the facial expressions they had and my face still felt like it was going to melt off with embarrassment.

"I wonder what's taking him so long.." Mina continued.

"You can't rush these things you know... " Momo piped in very serious "he probably wants to be respectful and make sure that she actually wants him to"

"pffft" Mina rolled her eyes crossing her arms across her chest, "god Momo not everyone's like Todoroki you know.." Everyone giggled at that and it was Momo's turn to be embarrassed. Thankfully the attention was off of me now. The best part about Mina's comment though was that Momo didn't deny anything. Todoroki and Momo are one mystery that even us girls can't figure out.

I always did think it was cute, the relationship they had. The way Momo would just keep quiet and blush upon the mention of his name. She never spoke about him just quietly supported him. But the best thing was when they were together. They always spoke so softly so you never knew what the context was about, but the way they looked at each other as they spoke.