Chapter Fifty - Two

Strings - Shawn Mendes ||  "I love it when you look at me like that and you're the only girl that brings me back 'cause baby I want all the strings attached. It's like always and forever I won't let a moment pass and when I'm with you I feel better. I want all the strings attached."

Staring up into Bakugou's eyes only made me feel worse. He had just let down every wall he meticulously built up through the years for me to get him all nervous again. His eyes looked wounded as I completely pulled the winds from his sails. Flexing his jaw he turned his head at me in a questioning way. 

"Ochaco, what is it?" He said sternly. He was clearly growing impatient as I inhaled deeply. 

"Bakugou, I love you so much." I sigh seeing his jaw tighten once more as I reach for his hands feeling the heat building, "You have the type of heart that anyone would be lucky to have. You don't even realize what a treasure you are... the great ones never do." 

Bakugou's eyes slowly began to soften again as he leaned in closer, "Please, just tell me you're not about to break my heart right now.." 

"I received my palcement Bakugou" I sigh and his head cocks.

"and?..." Bakugou exhaled a bit relieved that it wasn't something worse but still remained tense waiting for the response. 

"It's with Ms. Joke" I say not needing to say more. He already knew that meant I would be relocating for the majority of the summer to the city outside of ours. Bakugou stared intently at me. I watched as his eyes darted to the floor then back at me. 

"Then.. then I guess I was right on time then." 

Turning my head at him in confusion I started waiting for him to continue. I wasn't sure where he was going with this, but he held my hands in his lap as he continued. 

"Ochaco.. I just said how much I love you and how much I am willing to fight for you, for us. That means I won't be going anywhere.." 

I felt like the biggest baby as my eyes teared up for hundredth time today. Though I knew he meant what he said there was also so much pain in his voice. He absolutely was crushed over the fact that we would be in different cities this summer but kept a brave face because he didn't want me to worry. 

"B-but is that something you want?" I stammer fidgetting my fingers, a bit nervous for his response. 

"I want you Ochaco," as the words escaped his lips I watched as they pulled into a half-cocked smile, "If that means letting you go follow your dreams in another city then I will stand beside you, you're my whole world and some distance isn't going to change that". 

I felt a small smile grow on my face from his words as he leaned in to press his forehead against mine. I was no longer some distraction to him, I was his partner and someone he trusted. 

"Plus you're my girlfriend, after all, it's not like I'm worried some fucking losers going to come in and take you from me" He laughed at his words while I froze up. As the term girlfriend left his lips it felt like a lightning bolt pierced my heart as my eyes widened. 

"I mean you are my girlfriend right?" He scoffed winking at me which sent shivers down my spine. 

"O-oh yeah, sorry I just wasn't expecting this response," I say honestly as my eyes still gleamed with tears. 

"Ochaco if you need me to shout it from the fucking rooftop I will" He had a cocky smile on his face as he threw his hands up, "I LOVE YOU PINK CHEEKS!" I couldn't contain my giggles as I held my stomach as it tightened from laughing.