Chapter Twenty-Nine

I Don't Wanna Love You Anymore - LANY || "Sometimes I just wanna talk for a minute, but I can't bring myself to call because I know that your heart's not really in it; I can't forget, the way it felt when you walked out the door"

I had been laying on my back for what felt like hours. Replaying over and over what I should have said, what I should have done... Nothing happened the way I wanted it to. Bakugou seemed fine with it, so maybe everything will be ok again. Maybe I wouldn't even have to tell Deku. It wasn't like he was calling me his official girlfriend or anything...right?

Hearing voices downstairs I immediately sit up and listen as I hear the halls once again filled with laughter and conversation. Taking in a deep breath I smile thankfully to have my friends back in the house. Sitting up I rush over to the full-length mirror hanging on my wall to look at myself. I went with a simple sweater and leggings again. Pulling the brush through my hair I finally felt ready to see everyone. Pushing through the door I make my way to the main stairs. Looking at the ground I watch as my feet hurry against the cold floor.

"Want to walk with me pink cheeks?" I look up from the ground to see Bakugou standing there.

"O-oh I erm.." I fiddled with my fingers, this really caught me off guard as my face blushed. The murmurs from downstairs grew louder as I looked towards the staircase then back up at Bakugou.

"Well? Get on with it dork" He turns sideways nodding his head in the direction of the stairs "Don't make me fucking drag you". I jump and quickly hurry beside him. We walked in silence for a minute before I heard him clear his throat.

"I'm not saying shit if you aren't" I felt my hands begin to sweat and I attempted to dry them on my leggings. We continued walking as I turned my head slightly to look up at him. He walked with his shoulders slouched, hands in his pocket, and a scowl on his face - nothing out of the ordinary for him so I knew he wasn't trying to pull something.

"Deal" I say stopping in the middle of the steps extending my hand. Bakugou stopped and turned towards me looking at my hand with a raised eyebrow than at me scoffing.

"Sure whatever, deal" He laughed genuinely as a smile spread on his face. It seemed like everything was going to be fine.

"IS THAT BAKUBABE!?" Kirishima yelled from downstairs and Bakugou rolled his eyes.

"NO FUCK OFF!" He yelled back as he turned his body and continued down the stairs. I smiled watching him walk before he turned around one last time giving a soft smile up at me, it made my heart flutter in my chest as I rush behind him.

"There you all are!" Mina yelled.

"Yes, we were a bit worried when we didn't hear you all" Tokoyami said deeply.

"Oh no nothing to worry about here" I waved smiling big as the girls came and gave me a big hug. I was really happy to see them, especially Tsu.

"Hey, friend" Tsu smiled at me as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. Leaning my head on her shoulder I smile as the rest of the group greets each other.

"Aw hugs for all-" Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari all extend their arms towards Bakugou as sparks begin to pop from his hands.

"BACK THE FUCK UP LOSERS" he yelled and everyone laughed loudly at the boy's expressions. I looked side to side for Deku, but didn't see him.

"Deku and Todoroki will be arriving shortly Ochaco. They're grabbing us all dinner." Iida said professionally as everyone cheered. After all the initial hello's everyone settled down in the living room and caught up about our break. It was nice to hear from everyone and get back to the way things were. Bakugou sat across from me flashing a smile before he continued his conversation with Kirishima which made me blush. I liked that we were back to normal again and things weren't awkward.