Chapter Fifty

XO - John Mayer || "In the darkest night hour I'll search through the crowd. Your face is all that I see I'll give you everything. Baby, love me lights out"

Pouring myself a big bowl of cereal I drag my feet over to the fridge to pour myself some milk. My body moved so slowly as I yawned out loud not caring who else was around me. The oversized black t-shirt of Bakugou's hung loosely over my tight shorts as pieces of my messy bun hung loosely around my face. What I loved most about wearing Bakugou's shirts was that no one ever would guess it was his since there was never his usual skull graphic on it, and the most important reason to love it was it smelled like him.

Standing in front of the counter I lifted the material up over my nose inhaling the deep cologne smell that still coated the fabric. I smiled to myself thinking about him and the way he pulled his shirts over my head. We had spent the whole previous afternoon together, yet here I was wishing I had woken up next to him.

Though I begged and pleaded he said he needed to get back to work on something and then train this morning. To which I finally accepted letting him go since it seemed important to him. Letting out another loud yawn I bring a large spoonful of cereal to my mouth chewing slowly on my breakfast. I was completely worn out from yesterday after I completely blew off my whole afternoon with Bakugou. I wouldn't take back a minute of it, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling it today.

"Hey! Ochaco! Hey!"

A faint yell by the front door caused me to turn around and see Deku waving a letter towards me. Todoroki stood behind him with the same subtle expression he always had while Deku looked excited. It was too early to be this excited, let alone getting mail. There was only one reason why I would be getting mail at this hour. My internship placement has finally arrived!

I almost drop my cereal as I take off grabbing for the letter tearing it open as Deku and Todoroki stood beside me smiling like two proud parents. I was losing my mind as I shredded the paper feeling a slight paper cut as I feverously continued. This behavior was all with reason because feeling I was the only one who hadn't heard about my placement and my faith was slowly fading. My fingers pinched against the hard cardstock letter as I slowly opened it up.

It was from Ms. Joke in the city right outside here! I knew her from our previous sports festivals. She had been a teacher for our rival high school and also Mr. Aizawa's biggest fangirl. I hadn't spoken to her much in passing, but did know that she would be an amazing mentor! I jumped for joy as Deku mirrored my movements squeaking with excitement for me. I even jumped into Todoroki who stood there uncomfortably, as I wrapped my arms around him, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!"

"eh erm O-Ochaco you're hurting me.." Todoroki wasn't one for physical contact in any way, but I was too excited I didn't even care as I continued hugging his waist. Only letting go once Deku started pulling me off.

"Congrats Ochaco!" Deku beamed giving a thumbs up before the two boys continued on their way.

I stared at the paper rereading it over and over as my smile slowly faded. So... if I'm going to be doing an internship in the city right outside here then that means Bakugou and I will be away from each other this summer. Something I was expecting, but at the same time wasn't expecting it to upset me this much.

I always knew Bakugou would be really busy this summer, but now we both would be in different cities making it even more difficult for us to stay in contact, let alone see each other this summer. Right before my eyes, I went from the ultimate high to feeling myself drop full speed like being at the highest peak of a roller coaster.

Just like that, I was returned back to my original fears of Bakugou and I losing touch since nothing is really written in the sand between us. I always thought that when this letter would come I would be running up to his room and showing him. I could already picture his reaction as he would grab hold of me and swing me around his room, showering my face with kissed as he cheered. So much happiness would fill the room as he smiled down at me. But things were now far more complicated than getting my assignment for a summer internship.