Chapter Thirteen

Stay Awake - Dean Lewis || "I've been looking in the mirror. Trying to figure myself out. I've been wondering where I went wrong, but now you're not here. It's like the daylight never comes. So I'll keep on holding on"

As the suns rays danced across my face my eyes fluttered open to see my analog clock display. 7:30 A.M. - my blurry eyes read the time as and I stretched my arms out giving a small squeak. I slept in a bit, I rolled around in my comforter as I heard the birds chirp outside.

I needed to get out of bed and be productive, but this was the first day of our break after the Sports Festival and there was no need to rush things. I smiled against my pillow as I nuzzled my face deeper into the plush mass.

As soon as I shut my eyes again I heard my phone vibrate. Groaning I lift my arm up to reach for the noise.  Keeping my eyes closed I move my hand around on the nightstand in hopes of grabbing hold of my phone. My fingers dragged along the smooth surface until I finally made contact with the vibrating shape. Taking hold I pull it down to my face clicking the unlock button.

Deku: Hey. I will be training with All Might today, but I would like to see you later if that is ok? Maybe even a date?

My stomach sank a bit, we hadn't really talked much, but then again I hadn't really talked to anyone since the Sports Festival. Everyone was so beat they just went their separate ways. The last time Deku and I talked though, I lied about Bakugou... Kinda.

There really wasn't anything going on with us per se, but I was not very truthful with my feelings because the way Kasuki's hand felt in mine was more than just a friendly acknowledgment. This I know, Bakugou had to have also felt. I would never admit that to him though. My eyelids lifted a bit more adjusting to the blue light of my phone as I quickly typed my response.

Ochaco: Sounds good to me! :)

I really didn't know what else to say, the whole date thing threw me off a bit because I felt like the last time we spoke things didn't feel all that great. He seemed disappointed in me like a father who caught their child in a lie or something... I wondered if he actually knew I was lying and just pretended like I didn't so he could protect his own feelings... 

Deku: I will pick you up at 6:30 ok?

Ochaco: Perfect. I will see you then!

Deku: :) !

I quickly locked my phone after seeing Deku's last text. It made me smile, but also made me feel a bit guilty. Pulling myself together I sit up and stretch my arms above my head, probably best to just get up now. I hadn't heard anyone else move about so that was nice. Slipping my feet into the slippers beside my bed I made my way downstairs for something to eat.

The house seemed empty as I poured myself some cereal and heated up some water for tea. The warm water hit my lips and I felt my body relax. I quickly shoveled down the cereal to subside the growling in my stomach. Looking around I still had not heard any noises, not even Kaminari dragging his feet upstairs to the bathrooms.

"Hmpf", I scratch my head and walk over to the couches to sit down. The clock above the front door read "8:15 A.M." and I quickly rolled my eyes. They all needed to get up asap because I was getting bored. Laughing to myself I leaned back into the soft couch and let my mind wander a bit relinquishing in the silence.

I must have drifted back off to sleep because my eyes opened wide to see the clock was now at 9:00 A.M. I looked to my left then my right before hearing a pair of footsteps walking towards me. I jumped up quick scooting myself up on the couch.

Rubbing my left eye with my hand I focused on the tall figure in front of me walking past, Bakugou. He seemed like he was in a hurry to get away, but without even thinking I reached out for his arm "Wait.." my voice shook a bit as I looked down at the ground gripping the back of his black shirt.