Chapter Seventeen

Be My Escape - Relient K || "I fought you for so long. I should have let you in. Oh how we regret those things we do and all I was trying to do was save my own skin, but so were you"

BAKU POV

"Did you hear me Floaty?!" I wasn't sure what I was doing, as my hand reached out to grab her shoulder abruptly I immediately regretted it. Her face turned to look up at me and my stomach sank. Tears were racing down Ochaco's face.

I watched as one, two, then three small drops rolled down her round cheeks. I was never good in these situations so I just stood there frozen. I usually felt nothing when I saw someone else cry, but Ochaco was different. My shoulders lowered as I tried to figure out how I was feeling. She didn't pull away quickly and her eyes were telling me something I couldn't quite decipher... should I hug her? Should I say sorry?

I tried to open my mouth to say something- anything at this point, but before I could she was pushing me away. Way to go ace... I watched as a few tears whipped from her chin with the speed of her turn as she walked away.

What was my fucking problem?! Why did I have to push her so far that she would get upset... I always overdid things. Sticking my hands in my pockets roughly I look out and watch her as she disappeared in the direction of the school. Probably best I give her some space after that dumbass display.

On my way to school, I replayed the last 24 hours in my head. It all started with seeing her come down those stairs in that cute fucking outfit.. it drove me wild seeing how beautiful she looked, but also made me want to blast off everyone that was looking at her.

Damn creeps! She had a way of grabbing my full attention lately...The way her cheeks turned red as everyone looked her way and those damn innocent doe eyes darting away from me. It was enough to send me over the edge.. I vividly remember looking down at my sweaty palms sparking from the mere sight of her. I had to hide them under the counter to keep Kirishima and the others from asking. She had to have known what I was thinking... probably why she could barely look at me.

That fucking loser Deku was stringing her around and he doesn't even realize how damn lucky he is. Just when I had thought things couldn't have gotten worse I saw her sneaking around the boy's side after hours... and it wasn't for me. As soon as I saw her eyes meet mine I thought for sure she was there for me. It made me feel special, but that was quickly stomped on.

Probably why I acted like such an asshole. I'm so pathetic. I chase a girl away and now I'm here pondering what the hell is wrong with me. Why couldn't I have just said sorry a little bit ago? Things would have been so different... why was I even pushing that so hard? I kicked a few rocks that sat on the flat sidewalk as I sighed.

I think I truly just wanted an excuse to talk to her. Thinking about the whole secret late night meet up thing made me wonder what the fuck exactly Deku and Ochaco did last night. My fists clenched as I approached the school. The thought of Deku touching her in any way made my stomach hurt.

Making my way to home room I kept thinking about those two. I was in the worst position because so much of me wants to just tell her, while the other part of me knows I shouldn't because, as Kirishima said, it would fuck everything up. Everything was so frustrating and the fact that I just had to sit around and watch this all was even worse.

Slamming my fist into the locker beside me with the anger I feel my hands quickly spark as I tear back the main door to class. Only a few people were sat around, mainly the extras of our class who I ignored anyway. I knew Ovhaco was already here, but I didn't think it was a good idea to search her out.

The crisp breeze was blowing through the classroom as papers were scattered about. I felt a shiver in my spine as I made my way to my seat. As Mr. Aizawa walked in I steadily took out my notes and prepared for class.