Epilogue

** Hey all! As I sat and tried creating a sequel, I felt that an epilogue may be the best fit for our story. I left you all on a cliffhanger in the end chapter and I wanted to tie up any loose ends we may have in our story of what happened to this couple. So I hope you enjoy the Epilogue and final chapter of "The Unexpected" **

Two Months Later

Sitting on the bus across town made me heart race as the cars sped past my foggy window. Leaning my head against the cool glass only made it fog up more from my warm breath. I looked out at all the people dashing across the sidewalk resembling schools of fish with their multi- colored umbrellas trying their best to stay dry.

It was a gloomy day due to fall being around the corner, so everywhere I turned it felt like a grey lens covered my vision. Though the sky's were over casted and the world looked was dull, today was still an exciting day. I was officially starting my senior year at UA.

Returning back from my internship left me feeling a bit lost as I reached for my luggage. I ended up staying a lot longer than expected because I was enjoying the experience so much. Ms. Joke helped to mentor me beyond my expectations. There was no denying that my hero skills had dramatically grown just from being beside her these past few months. Ms. Joke never overlooked these milestones and even mentioned that I could work for her agency upon graduation.

The experience I had left me feeling confident and determined for my future. Which made leaving it all the more painful.

Feeling the train halt at my familiar stop I quickly stand and adjust my skirt, trying my best to get out any wrinkles that may have creased into it during the trip.

Moving through the crowded bus only heightened my anxieties as I pushed my way down the steps. It had been a number of months since I had seen everyone, the only one I did see was Todoroki in passing during our internship but we didn't get to talk much.

Bakugou and I kept in contact consistently at the beginning but with time it began to dwindle out as the weeks went by. He wasn't thrilled when I decided I would stay a few extra weeks for me internship and since then he hasn't reached out as much. I would watch him on TV when I caught him, but it was never the same as hearing his voice. I loved seeing him progress as a hero though, he even changed his hero suit in the amount of time we've been away from each other.

Though I enjoyed my internship I couldn't help but have a pang of regret lingering in the back of my mind. I worried almost every day that I messed it all up, but remained hopeful that his feelings were the same as the day he said goodbye to me.

Stepping down on the wet sidewalk I quickly throw my bag over my shoulder and make my way into the city. A gust of wind quickly picked up and blew my now long hair all over as I covered my face from the showers. With each movement I felt my heart race quicken. Before heading to the dorms I needed to run into the city quick. With my bus being late this morning there was no way I was on time. Pulling up the sleeve of my jacket I look down at my watch I notice that I'm already five minutes late as I start a brisk jog.

The puddles of water splashed up onto my legs as my feet pounded against the cement. This was the last thing I needed to be late to. My eyes darted around at all the people scattered in the crowds unable to make out any faces.

I really messed up. Looking down at the ground in defeat as I slowly brought my hand to the gold jewelry laid gently around neck. The material was cold to the touch as I rubbed it with my thumb.

I was alone standing in the middle of the sidewalk as the rain pelted down on my hair. I guess I deserved this.