Space

15
DOMINIQUE

The day ended without Dominique seeing Pris at the academy. Napakalawak ng campus kaya kahit buong araw sila doon ni Mary, hindi nya nakita ang dalaga. Maaari ring nalaman nitong naroon din sya kaya umiwas sa kanya. Dominique was saddened by that thought. She wasn't keen on meeting Pris but at the same time disappointed for not seeing her. Naguguluhan na sya sa nararamdaman. Her feelings were contradicting.

Dominique found herself more upset with her break up with Pris than with Marcus. Naiisip pa rin nya ang lalaki at nagagalit pa rin sya sa tuwing maaalala ang panloloko nito sa kanya but her mind also kept drifting on Pris. Wala syang nararamdamang romantic feelings para sa dalaga pero nalulungkot syang nasaktan nya ito. She had fun with her. Pris could make her laugh easily. Nagagawa nyang kalimutang may amnesia sya kapag ito ang kasama nya. It would be selfish of her to ask Pris to become friends with her.

She was tempted to call or text Pris. Anong sasabihin nya rito? Hi, Pris! How are you after I broke your heart? Dominique knew she did the right thing. She couldn't reciprocate Pris' feelings. Masasaktan lang ito kapag hinintay sya nitong bumalik ang ala-ala nya.

She saw Pris briefly before her mother's birthday. Pris was with Kristine and Jessica. They were talking to her father about something serious but Dominique didn't catch their conversation. Bago pa kasi sya magkaroon ng lakas ng loob na lumapit sa kanila, tapos na silang mag-usap. Nakaalis na rin si Pris, na nagmamadali daw sabi nina Kristine at Jessica. Siguro nagmamadali itong iwasan sya.

Dominique was also disappointed when Pris didn't attend her mother's birthday dinner at a French restaurant in Makati. Dumating sina Olivia at Tita Beth pero wala si Pris. Pumunta din sina Mary, Michael, Jessica and Kristine but not Pris.

"Bakit ba parang mas depressed ka pa kay Pris?" Pagalit nyang sabi sa sarili. "You are supposed to be in pain because of Marcus."

"Miss mo na noh?" Tuksong bulong ng katabi nyang si Mary.
Domonique ignored her.

"She's busy preparing, Tita. It's very sudden. Pris was very sorry she couldn't make it," apologetic na sagot ni Olivia when Mrs. Encina asked if Pris was coming.

"Busy preparing? For what?" Dominique thought curiously.

"She needed to be in London as soon as possible. My husband needs her there," Tita Beth explained. "Studio 11 London is about to open soon. They've been holding auditions and Pris was asked to help. In our family, Pris got the eye for spotting potential stars. She also has countless innovative ideas she could contribute like Olivia. She's like a creative consultant. We need to launch the network with good ratings."

"Is it true na si Pris ang nakadiscover kay Anastacia?" Mary was referring to the 26 Year old Grammy award winner singing sensation who was tagged as Adelle of Asia.

"Yes, it's true. Pris heard her singing when she was visiting the academy. Anastacia was about to graduate at that time. Unfortunately, Anastacia's professor failed to recognize her talent. She wasn't the favorite. At that time, Anastacia was like a common rock. It was Pris who saw the hidden gem. She took her to my mother and had her sing. And the rest is history," Olivia shared proudly.

"London?!" Dominique was suddenly downcast. She couldn't shake the feeling that Pris might be leaving because of her.

She tried to be cheerful for her mother and not ruin her birthday. Napansin din nyang less tense na ang parents nya at ang kuya. Baka temporary lang ang problema sa kumpanya at agad na naresolbahan.

After dinner, umuwi na rin sila agad sa bahay. Dominique took a shower and put on a red lingerie. Nakaramdam sya ng uhaw kaya lumabas sya ng kwarto at nagtungo sa kusina para kumuha ng tubig. Pagkasara ng ref, muntik na nyang mabitawan ang baso nang makita si Pris. Kanina pa pala ito nakatayo sa likod nya.

Dominique's heart made an involuntary leap when she saw Pris, who looked sexy on her white v-neck top, slim fit leather jacket, tight jeans and knee high boots.

Pris was looking at her intently. Her eyes were admiringly exploring Dominique from head to toe. Nang magtama ang mga mata nila, Dominique saw desire on Pris' eyes. Nag-init ang mukha nya nang maalala ang nude photo nya.

"You don't remember what I told you before, but let me remind you." Pris' slighty husky voice was huskier when she whispered. She took a step forward and closed the gap between her and Dominique, who couldn't step backward. Napasandal na lamang sya sa ref. "Don't wear anything like that in front of me. I might do something inappropriate."

Dominique smelled her Green Tea Summer perfume. "A-Akala ko nakaalis ka na," she managed to say. Pris' nearness made her nervous.

"Dumaan ako para personal na ibigay ang regalo ko para kay Tita Edith." Nakahinga nang maluwag si Dominique nang umatras na ito at dumistansya sa kanya. "And I want to see you before I go." Malungkot na itong nakatingin sa kanya. "I just want to let you know, that I'm not giving up on you. Alam kong break na tayo. You made it clear na hindi mo masusuklian ang pagmamahal ko sayo but it won't make me stop loving you, Dominique. Mawawala ako ng panandalian. Hindi kita guguluhin. That will give you time to sort your life. To think. Once I get back, I will make you mine again."

Hindi na nakasagot si Dominique. The way Pris delivered it was so intense and Dominique felt electricity tickled every fiber of her body. Her warm brown eyes were full of passion and determination that it made her heart beat fast.

Lumapit ulit si Pris sa kanya. Her eyes were on Dominique's. Pris' gaze dropped on her lips as if she'd like to kiss her. "Because I know, deep down, you love me. You may reject me now but one day you'll realize, your heart is mine. Our lives are already intertwined, Dominique. You can't make me go away."

Sa sobrang kaba ni Dominique, hindi na nya namalayang nakalayo na ulit ito sa kanya. Inilabas nito mula sa jacket ang dalawang VIP tickets for Celine Dion's concert in July. "I bought that last January because I know you are a fan. You can see it with Mary if you want." Sunod naman nitong inilabas ang isang maliit na green box saka inilapag sa counter top. "I don't take back gifts. I gave it to you as a symbol of my love."

"H-Hindi ko matatanggap yan, Pris. I don't deserve it."

"Do whatever you want with it. It's yours. Just like my heart is yours." Pris looked at her with eyes full of love then eventually sadness replaced it. "Throw it away if you want." Saka na sya nito tinalikuran at iniwan.