EPILOGUE

(SUMMER OF 2019)
SAN JUAN, LA UNION

"It's a beautiful night," bulong sa sarili ni Pris. Nakatayo sya sa balcony ng hotel room habang umiinom ng red wine at nakatingin sa mga nagkikislapang bituin sa langit. "At least now, you are celebrating with me." Nangingiti nyang sabi. Nanunuot sa suot nyang manipis na puting t-shirt ang lamig galing sa banayad na hangin. Rinig nya mula sa kinatatayuan ang tunog ng mga alon mula sa dagat.

She could remember herself standing on a different balcony and place, nine years ago. She was also sipping red wine and staring at a clear night sky with twinkling stars. It was the saddest moment of her life. Her heart was shattered and felt coldness wrapped within her she wasn't sure she'd ever ecape.

But this time, it's different. Because her once broken heart was filled with joy. Because she could feel warmth within her. Because the beautiful night reflected what she's feeling inside. Because this time, she wasn't alone. She felt Dominique's arms circled around her waist.

"Hindi pa ba tayo matutulog? Maaga pa tayong gigising bukas. You promised to teach how to surf tomorrow," naglalambing nitong sabi. Hindi kasi nya ito naturuan sa Baler because the waves were so big at hindi safe para sa mga beginners like Dominique.

Humarap sya dito at niyakap din ito. "Mauna ka na. Nagpapaantok pa ko eh," sabi nya kahit alam nyang hindi ito papayag. Gusto kasi nitong lagi silang sabay na matulog pag magkasama sila.

"Ayokong matulog nang wala ang huggy ko." Dominique pouted and hugged her tight. "I can't sleep without your hug. Matulog na tayo, please."

Pris gulped when Dominique slipped her hand inside her shirt and gently rubbed her scar and stomach. She felt tingling sensation all over her. She felt desire ignited within her when she noticed how sexy Dominique was on her maroon lingerie. Pris immediately possessed her soft lips. They ended up making love before going to sleep.

Pris taught Dominique the basics of surfing early morning the next day. Sina Kristine at Jessica naman ang nagturo kay Julia while Daniel pretended not to know about it when he saw the cute instructor.

Dominique was a quick learner and had a natural aptitude for surfing. She was so thrilled when she managed to stand on her surfboard. But Dominique's jaw dropped when she saw Pris flawlessly surfed the waves with ease.

"Show off," Dominique said when Pris got out of the water. "I don't like your swimsuit. It's too sexy. Better change it. Mas maganda kung long sleeved rash guard."

Pris laughed. "You change yours then too." Maraming napapatingin kay Dominique dahil bukod sa malaki ang hawig nito kay KC Concepcion, napakasexy pa nito sa red two piece bathing suit nito. Kanina pa nya ito gustong takpan.

"No, I won't. I bought this to wear this summer."

"Then I won't change mine either," she teased. Dominique glared. "Did you enjoy surfing?"

Ngumiti ito. "I did. I love it. I like the feeling of being in control. It's like choosing to let the wave overwhelm you or conquer it."

"Attagirl!" Pris said proudly.

After spending the whole morning surfing, Pris took them to a vineyard for grape picking. Excited na bumaba ng van sina Daniel, Julia at Dominique. Nauna na ang mga itong namitas ng grapes kasama ni Kristine. They were nowhere in sight.

"Where's Gabrielle?" Pris asked Jessica, who was busy checking out grapes she could harvest.

Pris regretted asking because Jessica's eyes were suddenly downcast. "She's in Cebu. May project kasi sya dun. She promise to follow but I'm not sure anymore. She's busy."