Daniel

16
PRIS

AFTER TWO MONTHS (AUGUST 2018)

"I miss you," masayang sabi ni Jessica nang makita si Pris. "How's your flight?"

"Fine. I'm just a little tired. Wala pa akong masyadong tulog," tugon ni Pris habang hila-hila ang kanyang luggage. Kagagaling lang nya sa isang 12 hours non-stop flight from London to Manila. "Thanks for picking me up, Jess," she gratefully told her bestfriend. Alam nyang busy ito sa trabaho.

"Syempre. Malakas ka sa akin eh," Jessica said smiling and pulled her in another embrace. "And I could use a little vacation."

A year ago, Jessica said goodbye to stay in the U.S for good with her family. Her architect husband, Charles Roxas, was offered a project he couldn't refused. Jessica discovered her husband was cheating at that time but they reconciled. Charles accepted the project and the couple took it as an opportunity to work on their marriage. They stayed in the U.S until Jessica and Athena suddenly came home last January and declared she and Charles were separating for good. There was no stopping her. Jessica's husband started cheating again.

Simula nang umuwi ang mag-ina, sa bahay ng parents ni Jessica ang mga ito tumuloy. Jessica wanted to stay at her own place but her mother, Mrs. Cecille Riviera- Monteciello, insisted that they stay with her and her husband instead. Mas may magbabantay at mag-aalaga raw sa apo nito. Jessica didn't argue. But she couldn't just stay at home and do nothing.

Jessica's mother's side, the Rivieras, were known for their chains of hotels in the Philippines and all over Asia and Europe. Jessica was a hotel heiress and the good girl version of Paris Hilton. She decided to start working again and became the manager of Grand Riviera Hotel in Makati. Since coming back from the U.S, Jessica focused her energy on work and, still managed to be a good and attentive mother to Athena.

"Why are you doing this prenup shoot? You can have one of our photographers at Fatal Frames to do it," Jessica said once they reached her car at the airport parking lot.

"I promised Mary that I would do it personally," Pris explained and closed the car compartment after putting her luggage inside.

Jessica gave her a teasing smile. "Gusto mo lang makita si Dominique eh."

Pris ignored her. She got inside the car and sat on the passenger's seat. Jessica started driving. Sa Quezon province sila mags-shoot ng prenup.

The Encinas' property in Quezon was very picturesque and perfect for pre nup shoots. It was overlooking the blue ocean and they could go on island hopping too. Medyo nakaramdam ng lungkot si Pris. May mga mgagagandang ala-ala sila doon ni Dominique.

"Meghan took over the management of Fatal Frames and Trinity Travel & Tours," Jessica updated her. "Kristine trained her well. Our business is in good hands."

The three of them became busy with their family businesses. Kristine started focusing her attention on Ricamora Medical Company as the new Vice President for Marketing. Jessica's time were mostly spent with Athena and at the hotel. Pris was also busier than ever. Aside from acting as a creative consultant for Studio 11 Network, helping her mother at the academy, she also continuously took photography jobs for fashion shows and magazines. Hindi na nila kayang hawakan ang business na itinayo nila during college. Without giving it up, they transferred the management to Meghan, Kristine's long time assistant.

"Good. She worked hard for it," Pris approved. "Can we buy chicken wings first? I'm starving."

"No need. Bumili na ako before picking you up. Nasa back seat."