Sweet Creature

24
DOMINIQUE

Paglabas ng restroom ni Dominique, dumiretso ulit sya sa sala dahil dumating na sina Tita Beth at Olivia. Masayang niyakap sya ng mga ito at hindi nakitaan ng sama ng loob when she introduced Vincent to them. Pamilyar na sa lalaki si Olivia dahil nagkakilala na ang mga ito noon sa dinaluhan nilang charity event. Kahit nakilala na ni Dominique si Anastacia according to Kristine, technically it was her first time meeting the famous singer. She was starstruck. Anastacia was nice and gave her a warm hug.

"Where's Pris?" Tita Beth asked.

"Hi Mom," masiglang bati ni Pris na bago ng paligo. Nagpalit na rin ito ng damit. She put on a black long sleeved turtle neck sweater and denim shorts. Dominique couldn't help but check out her long shapely legs. She looked sexy even with a black eye and wounded lips.

"Pris!!!" Tita Beth and Olivia were shocked to see Pris' face. Napaawang din ang labi ni Anastacia. Automatic na gumuhit ang pag-aalala sa mukha ng mga ito.

"Your friend is a trouble," mahinang bulong ni Vincent sa kanya. He was also looking at Pris admiringly.

Dominique gave him a distracted smile. Medyo nainis din sya sa lalaki. "Bakit naman?" Nanunuksong tanong ng isip nya. "Kasi ayaw mong may ibang tumitingin sa ex mo," her own mind answered back but she disregarded it.

Nalulungkot din sya dahil never syang tinapunan ng tingin ni Pris. Hindi nya alam kung hindi lang sya nito napansin na narito sya or she chose to ignore her.

"Mom, I'm okay. Ginamot na to ni Jessica. I brought someone I'd like you to meet," ngumiti nang matamis si Pris. "Whatever happened to me, hindi na importante yun. I promise you, she's worth it."

Parang kinurot ang puso ni Dominique sa narinig. "Sino ba si Vanessa? Girlfriend mo ba sya?" She wanted to ask.

"I know you are curious," Pris addressed everyone. "I'm glad you are all here. First, Vanessa is not my new girlfriend," she turned to Kristine, who glared. Siguro inusisa nito kung sino ang babaing kasama ni Pris.

"Girlfriend?" Vincent asked whispering. "Is she a lesbian?"

Dominique nodded to confirm but didn't look at him. Her eyes were fixed on Pris. Her sadness was instantly gone but was replaced with guilt. She hated to admit, but Julia was right. She acted impulsively and invited Vincent to hurt Pris. Now she felt stupid. What's happening to her? Hindi na nya alam kung anong gusto nya.

"Second, let's delay the dinner for a little bit because I can't wait to show you what I found," Pris said excitedly. Everyone was curious. "Please have a seat."

Sumunod naman ang lahat. Dominique sat in between Vincent and Devon. Nang nakapuwesto na ang lahat, hinila ni Pris ang nakatayo sa likod nyang si Vanessa, who looked beautiful on a white maxi dress.

Pris sat infront of the grand piano in the living room. Vanessa shyly stood beside Pris. Her defiant face looked nervous now that everyone's attention was on her. When Vanessa noticed Anastacia beside Olivia, her eyes widened in surprise. She anxiously whispered to Pris, who told her something no one could make out and it immediately calmed Vanessa.

Vanessa closed her eyes and when she opened them, she seemed relaxed. Everyone was enthralled when she opened her mouth and sang. "I'm trying to hold my breath, let it stay this way. Can't let this moment end. You set off the dream in me..." Her voice was beautiful and powerful. Tita Beth was staring at Vanessa intently. Never Enough was a difficult song but Vanessa was able to hit all of the high notes easily.

Pris played the piano for Vanessa. They switched from one song to another. One genre to another. Vanessa's voice was so versatile and could sing anything. Everybody was clapping after she showed them she could rap too. It was a standing ovation. Even Dominique became Vanessa's immediate fan.