5th September 2014

FROM: cluelessanduseless@freemail.com

TO: ask.anah@freemail.com

SUBJECT: Advice.

Dear Anah,

            Ok, so this is kinda really embarrassing, but I can’t talk to anyone else about my feelings. All my friends would tear strips into me if they ever found out, so that’s why I’m turning to you.

Here goes. Basically, I am totally and utterly and pathetically in love with a girl. She’s beautiful and funny and absolutely has no idea how I feel about her. Hell, she probably doesn’t even know I exist.

I’ve loved this girl- let’s name her Milly- since 4th grade. Well, I’ve thought she was super cute since 4th grade, but it wasn’t until junior year that I really took notice of her… and ever since then, she’s all I can think about. These last twelve months have been torture, not least because I have to see her every damned day. I wish I could just go up to her and tell her how I feel, but I know she’ll reject me.

How can I go on feeling like this and not tell her? Or maybe I should go ahead and put myself out there, even though she’ll break my heart into a million tiny irreparable pieces?

If the girl was you, would you want to know?

 Clueless and Useless.

P.S. Please don’t print this on your web page! Thanks.

~

FROM: ask.anah@freemail.com

TO: uselessandclueless@freemail.com

SUBJECT: Advice

Dear Useless and Clueless,

Man, it sucks to be you. Unrequited love is the worst, believe me.

Well, first things first. You should tell Milly how you feel. I know it’s probably going to be scary and you’re afraid of rejection, but at least once you tell her, you’ll know where you stand.

If she rejects you, what’s the worst that could happen? You’ll have a bruised ego for a while, but time heals all wounds. At least in theory.

But, what if she feels exactly the same for you? Think about everything you could accomplish together! You’ll finally have the girl you’ve been dreaming of. Plus, eight years is long enough.

I’m not going to tear strips into you like your friends would, but I will be brutally honest with you. MAN UP AND TELL HER!

Girls love romance- I mean, every girl I know is obsessed with The Notebook- so embrace how you feel. A grand gesture of love goes a long way when it comes to girls. Ask her out, woo her a little and I swear she will see what she’s been missing out on.

Good Luck!

Anah.

P.S. Yes, if I was Milly, I would want to know that a boy is into me.

P.S.S. I promise this won’t go anywhere near the Ask Anah web page :)