Winter Ball. The Final Part.

For  Anyone and Everyone who read You Have ONE New Message. Thanks for your patience and perseverance throughout the last 15 weeks. I hope I didn't disappoint you with the ending! Sarah, xx

Here's the link to the Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/sianiflewog89/manah-winter-ball/ or if that doesn't work search for Manah Winter Ball.

*

“I want you to kiss me,” she said in that low voice that I couldn’t help but love.

When did Anah Miller become so damned beautiful in every possible way? I had always known that she was in a league of her own, but in recent months, she had surpassed all my expectations. I have loved her from afar for more years than I like to count, but this year I knew that I had to take that leap. I had to tell her how I felt for her.

What started out as a threat from Jake soon turned into the best three and a half months of my life. I hadn’t meant to scare her way back when at the beginning, and at times I felt like she wasn’t going to let me in, but I persevered anyway and it paid off.

They say it takes twenty-one days for something to become a habit, and waking up to tell Anah just how beautiful she is soon became my obsession. Making her smile with just a simple message was an addiction to me… she was my drug.

With the question reverberating around my mind, I think back to the Halloween party two years ago, and how things could have been so different if I hadn’t gone and messed it all up.

We were at Jake’s house. His brother’s birthday fell on Halloween weekend and so the party became a joint birthday-Halloween party. Naturally I was invited, and so was Eden. Jake and Eden had been this on-off couple for a few months and they were currently in an ‘on’ phase. I’d hoped that Eden would bring Anah along, so when I looked up from a conversation with a drunk Yellow Power Ranger and saw Catwoman walk in, my heart skipped a beat. I knew it was her just from her dark, chocolate colored eyes. Was it pathetic that I knew it was Anah just from her eyes? I don’t think so.

I should have gone up to speak to her, initiated conversation or something, but I was too much of a coward to. She was this beautiful creature and I was… Sutter. The guy that was already making a name for himself on the soccer field and the guy that almost every girl in our class was making a play for.  I never took any of the girls up on their offer because somewhere in the back of my mind I rationalized that it would be like betraying Anah. She was the only girl I wanted, and the only girl I needed.

I just needed some Dutch courage.

I made my way to the kitchen and poured myself a shot of vodka and chugged it back. Then I did another, and another, and another. I wasn’t drunk, or at least I didn’t think I was. I was a little numb and I’m pretty sure I was seeing two Anah’s when she walked over to me, but now that I think about it, I could just have been seeing Anah and Eden.

Anyway, I’m getting off track.

Anah came up to me. We spoke for a while. I think it was mainly about Grace. Anah asked how it was going with her. I said she was perfect. It was instant love. Anah’s face fell. Grace is my niece, I explained and watched as a hopeful glimmer appeared in Anah’s eyes. Yeah, love that look better. Then she bit her lip, drawing my attention down to them.