4-Revised

History wasn't any different as it was that first day. I had survived the week and was looking forward to the weekend. Mr. Blaze still called me Miss Watkins and I was just rolling my eyes. Who was he to say I didn't deserve someone here, like what the hell did that even mean?

Come to find out, he was twenty-five and was in a so called "serious relationship." Something about a high-school sweetheart now fiancé so that didn't help my mood or the vibes I would get from him. Whether he was lying or not, I figured he didn't like any of the students and was trying to get his point across.

'Well you don't have to worry about me anymore Mr. Blaze, I'll steer clear from you. Since obviously you're too good for me Mr. engaged to his highschool sweetheart.' I thought bitterly and walked out without a second glance from him towards the cafe. If there was one thing I knew, eating food was the way to get my mind off things.

I stepped into the line for a baked potato and grabbed a tray. The cafeteria was just starting to fill up so it wouldn't be too hard to find a spot. If I was lucky I could find Rose or the guys and maybe convince them to sit outside in the courtyard for lunch.

Someone brushed up behind me and began to apologize, "sorry Dasha,"

I tried to ignore him but didn't want to be too rude since he was my professor and my grade was in the palm of his hands for a whole year. "It's fine Mr. Blaze." 'Here we go again with the Dasha versus Miss Watkins name game.'

"Is everything okay?" he frowned as I picked up my potato and some green beans.

"Yep." I replied shortly as he tried to follow me. What the hell was wrong with this man? The mixed signals from this week were giving me a migraine and I didn't care anymore to keep up. Was the engagement story just a ruse to keep most women from flocking him? It seemed to have worked for the most part but we all knew there were a few who were still batting eyes at him in class and keeping the cleavage clearly visible for him.

"You can always talk to me," he said gently as I tried to avoid his eyes. Those damn emerald eyes were hypnotizing and if I kept staring directly I was going to spill my soul to this stranger.

"I'm fine Mr. Blaze," I sighed and thankfully one of my good guy friends showed up.

"Hey Dash,"

"Hey Sean! I was going to ask if the rest of you were interested in trying to grab a spot outside?"

Sean placed his hand on my shoulder and I thought I noticed my professor's jaw clench but I wasn't too sure.

'Good. Now I can make him jealous if he truly thinks I'm not worthy of any guy here. But there is no point in him being "jealous" if he truly is engaged...'

"We're sitting over there, majority of the courtyard was already filling up when we had arrived earlier." He pointed and led me towards the table where Rose already was with a bunch of other jocks from the basketball team. Sean was one of the starting posts for the team, being that was he nearly six, six! He was another friend I had met shortly in middle school but hadn't really become friends until senior year. Like most males, he lived, breathed, and mainly discussed basketball so I wasn't always around for the discussions.

"So who's the dude that was bugging you?" Sean asked.

Rose batted her eyes dreamily, "That's our history Professor, Hayden Blaze, the most handsome teacher here on campus."

"Oh brother," Sean rolled his eyes and looked at him from afar, clearly not seeing what every other girl saw, "he like you or something Dash?"

"No," I replied, "he has a fiancé."

"Doesn't seem like it to me," Tyson, one of the players replied as I stopped chewing my potato. Was I oblivious then? Or was he joking?

"What do you mean?" I pressed.

"I mean the way he was looking at you and all, that's definitely not someone who has a girlfriend, let alone a fiancé. Or if he does, there's more than one."

"He looks like a player?" I questioned.

"Maybe he's in an open relationship," Rose mused. "Though I can't imagine any woman wanting to share him."

'She had a point there.'

"Not necessarily," he began, "he just... well I mean lots of guys come across as players but they're not. Or they just date around and don't settle with just one girl. I mean come on, if every girl is drooling over him he must know the kind of affect he has. Or he's oblivious and just extremely friendly to females, despite being engaged. I doubt he's in an open relationship. Sorry to burst your bubble Rosemary." Tyson chuckled while she pretended to pout.

"But isn't dating a teacher illegal even at this age?" I frowned.

"I'm sure it is, not the fact that you're an adult but being in the class with them would show the student gets benefits that others don't. Probably why it never happens or is talked about..." Sean gave me a weird look. "Why."

"No reason... I just don't get him." I shrugged, either way, it wouldn't be happening to me. Some other girl can go drown her misfortunes to that man, I thought and just continued eating while the guys went on about sports practice.

"Do you guys want to hit up a club this weekend?" Rose asked Sean and Tyson.

"Depends upon the club but sure. I'm sure it's better than half of the parties they throw around here."

"And if we all stick together there's a less likely chance of one of us getting too wasted," I gazed at Rosemary as she blushed deeply while muttering something.

"So it's settled then," Tyson picked up his tray and took it towards the trash.

"I'll catch y'all later," Sean waved as he followed Tyson towards basketball practice.

Rose gazed at Sean and I noticed a glazed look in her eyes. Oh no... Sean? Since when was she into Sean? But hey if it was him over the teacher then that was perfectly fine. And no that didn't mean less competition for me... because there wasn't any. He was off limits entirely.

'Why the hell am I debating over this so much?' I ignored the obvious answer and poked at my leftovers. "You should ask Sean on a date or something."

"You think so?" she asked, not even looking at me. The team was long gone at this point but she was still gazing in the direction they had left.

'Oh boy.'

"Um yeah, do you see the way you look right now," I teased her and grabbed her wrist gently as we dumped our food off. "Seriously Rose. I had no idea you were even into him but I say go for it! We both know he's a great guy."

As we left, I felt someone's eyes on me. Already knowing who it was, I didn't give them the justice of turning around to see him. Just one look into his eyes and I would be just like Rosemary, smitten and completely head-over-heels in love.

Did I just say love? I one thousand percent meant to say infatuated, because that's what it was. An infatuation, nothing more.
Clearly, what did they say was the first step towards acceptance? Denial? Was I denying having feelings for this Professor or was I just being delusional? Probably a bit of both if I was being honest.

'What a great start to freshman year.'

*Slowly adding more details to this story. Let me know what you think of the edited version! Not a lot of major changes, just more... depth**