38

**Hayden's POV**

My mouth went dry as the words tumbled from her parent's mouths. How did they know?

"Where," she began.

"The school called and informed us that you would need to collect your stuff from them when you can. They gave us a list of your teachers names and emails in case you were still unconscious and we had to contact them," her dad began.

"I," Dasha began and trembled beside me. "I didn't know how to tell you."

"Mr. Watkins," I started to say.

He turned sharply towards me and I fused my lips together. So much for that.

"Honey," my mom sighed. "I can't really be that mad. Yeah it would've been good to mention it... But we can't blame you."

"And why's that?" Dasha asked quietly.

I wished I could go over and hold her as we waited for one of her parents to explain. Why did adults have to speak in riddles! It was agonizing. Even I knew better than to do that to my students.

"Your mother was my teacher for awhile," my dad admitted with a heavy sigh.

Dasha giggled. "Good one dad."

"I don't think they're kidding Dash," I breathed as the sentence slammed into my mind. They had been in a student teacher relationship!

"Then why did," Dasha began.

"Because we couldn't tell you that and let you assume it was okay to do or tell others. We figured you would find out when the time was "right" in a sense," her mom began. "But yes I had your father in a few classes I taught at a night school to pick up some extra money while I was in college. I was a TA at the time and he was in his junior year. Guess it's not as extreme as your case."

"I can't believe this," Dasha breathed as she tried to figure out which emotion to settle with.

"Sweetheart take it as a blessing," I came to her side and wrapped my arm around her. "Your parents are telling you this because they trust you and know you're mature enough to make your own decision."

Her dad nodded while Dasha bit her lip for a moment.

"So you're okay with us?"

"It's not an ideal situation, but yes. Hayden is a very respectable man," her mom smiled at me warmly.

Well thank God they approved, I thought in my head while sighing.

"Now," her father began and looked at me. "We're also aware that Missy was your ex-fiance? And that the child is not yours."

"Yes sir, she had an affair while we were together," I confirmed. It no longer hurt to admit that I was never going to be with that woman. After everything we had gone through, there was much more of a bond between Dasha and I.

"I see," her father scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"Oh for goodness sakes sweetheart, just let them be. He's a gentleman to our daughter and that's all I cared about," Dasha's mother spoke abruptly as I hid back a chuckle. Thank goodness for moms.

"You're right," he sighed. "Sorry, Dasha is just incredibly important to us. You of all people would know that."

"I do," I pulled her closer to me.

**Dasha's POV**

I was able to go home later that afternoon. Well by home I went to Hayden's house. My parents came over and talked to Hayden for a few hours and met his family as well. Nina had brought over some food for me and was helping me with taking my medicine and rewrapping the bandage around my side.

"So I take it our families are getting along pretty well?" I asked her.

"Seems like it," she put the gauze down and picked up Jasper who continued to whine that he wasn't allowed on the bed while I was being doctored up.

"Better?" I nuzzled his wrinkly head as he licked my face quickly.

"You know," Nina began slowly as I turned to look at her.

"What?"

"Hayden got the engagement ring back from Missy before she was able to do away with it," she trailed and winked at me nonchaluantly.

My mouth went dry, she couldn't mean. Could she?

"I mean... I understand what you're saying, but I think it's still too soon to assume that. At least,"

"Dasha," Nina looked at me with a tiny smile lighting up her face. "I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't think so. I see how he looks at you, hell we've all seen it. Hayden is madly in love with you."

"I am as well," I breathed and felt my heart flutter within my chest. Hayden still had the engagement ring. What were the odds that I would be getting that perticular ring soon?

"Don't say anything for now," she warned me gently. "I just thought I would make you aware of the situation. I'm sure my brother has an idea of when he would want to make the next move. But I imagine it'll be further along in your college career."

"Thanks Nina," I hugged her awkwardly and allowed her to help me up as we went back downstairs.

"Hey," Hayden said as he saw us and my cheeks flamed up.

"Hi," I spoke shyly as Jasper went tumbling down the stairs and ran into the kitchen where the food was being prepared.

We both chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my hair tenderly. "Feeling better?"

"Much," I looked up into his eyes and saw that sparkle once again that was only reserved for me at speical times.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered gently and pushed back a piece of stray hair that had fallen.

"About our future and what's to become of it."

"I have a few ideas on that," he kissed me gently, "but it'll have to wait a bit."

It was ironic how Nina and now Hayden were mentioning engagement or something along those lines!

"I don't mind waiting, since I know it's pending on my education."

"Do you want it to pend on your education? People always do things during their college years."

"Wouldn't that mean that one of us would have to switch?"

"Yes, but I'm a professor. It wouldn't be hard for me to find a job," he caressed my cheek. "Not when it comes to giving you everything you deserve."

I blinked back tears and hugged him tighter. "This is fine for now."

"I know baby," he rubbed my back gently. "As long as you're happy. I'm happy."

"I am," I brought my lips to his once more.

**There is a sequel, do not worry! It's talked about next!**