35

**Still Hayden's POV**

Time seemed to become eternity as Rose and I waited in the ER. No one had informed us of anything since she was admitted, I only knew she was bleeding profusely and probably had trauma to some extent.

"I'm going to kill them," Rose wiped her eyes as the tears continued to flow.

"Shh, Rosemary," I hugged her tightly. "Can I call Sean to come get you? I'll keep you informed when I know."

She grabbed her phone and dialed the number, "I can do it."

I watched her walk outside to take the call while I checked the time. We had been here for three hours already!

Dialing my sister's number, I waited anxiously for her to answer.

"Hayden?"

"Nina, hey."

"Hey, everything okay?" Her tone went into a maternal one.

"No," I shook my head, "can you swing by the hospital? The one in Woodsgrove?"

"Sure... What happened? Are you okay?"

"It's Dasha," I whispered and heard her gasp on the other end.

"I'll be there soon. Do you want me to tell mom and dad?"

"For now, no."

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can Hayden."

"Thanks Nina," I hung up and sighed. It would be reassuring to have my sister here with me.

My older sister and I were about as close as any other siblings were. Darina was still a little too immature, but I loved her regardless.

Rose walked back in as she slid her purse over her shoulder. "Sean is picking me up. You'll let me know?"

"As soon as I hear something," I reassured her.

"Should I tell her parents?" She asked quietly.

"Yes," I breathed as the thought hadn't occurred to me.

"I'll call them when I leave," she hugged me tightly as I was caught off guard for a moment.

"Thank you," I hugged her tighter and watched as she walked outside to meet Sean. It was then that I realized how some of my students were really more than that, they were pretty much some of the greatest friends I had.

"Hayden?" A nurse called from the entryway.

I stood up quickly as she took notice it was me and came over smiling. "Hello, I'm Sasha, one of Dasha's nurses."

"Hello," I shook her hand, "how is she?"

"You're lucky to have found her when you did. She losts lots of blood and has a few broken ribs, her pelvis is fractured as well." She continued to look at Dasha's chart, "are you her relative?"

"I"m her professor. Her best friend called me once she got word that Miss Watkins was being kidnapped."

She nodded, "well she's still in ICU for now, but you can come with me and see her through this window if you would like. Are her parents informed of the situation?"

"Yes ma'am," I answered and followed her to where I could see her.

"Here you are," she pointed at the glass and walked away as I took in the sight. Dasha had tubes and wires connected to her as they monitored everything of hers. Part of her hair was shaved so they could check for brain damage and had more wires taped there.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't move until I heard her voice.

"Hayden," my sister's voice spoke softly as I turned away from my girlfriend's lifeless body and clung to the only person I could.

"I don't want to lose her," I shook in her arms as she tried to comfort me as best as she could.

"Did anyone say if it was bad enough for her to not pull through?"

"Not yet," I wiped my eyes and just continued to look transfixed at her. How could this have happened?

"I'm so sorry," Nina whispered and wrapped her arms around me.

"I love her," I whispered and placed my hand on the glass. I just wanted to be able to hold her hand and let her know I wasn't going to leave ever.

"I know," Nina murmured quietly. "Let's go see what we can find out okay? Come," she pulled my hand gently as I reluctantly turned away from the window.

**Well I'm going to end this chapter here, seemed long enough! I'll hope to have one more chapter up before Thursday!**