32

**And now as promised, Hayden's POV**

There was a knock on my door a few minutes later which I wasn't expecting. Jasper was barking and wagging his butt as I threw on a t shirt and padded towards the door. Who on Earth?

"Mr. Blaze," Rose gasped as she walked in and held her phone out.

"Rosemary what's wrong?" I frowned.

"Dasha's in trouble," she breathed deeply.

"Wait what? Where is she?" I felt my mind growing clouded as her words rang through my body. Danger, what kind of danger?

"She called me and said she was spending the night at a "friends" but said she needed to send you two questions for a test. Nine was H as in helping and eleven was J as in Joshua."

"She wanted you to call 9-1-1," I breathed deeply, "did you?"

"Yes, the police are on their way to find Joshua."

"Shit," I rubbed my eyes, "Missy has her. Josh was just a pawn..."

"Do you know where she is then?"

"We'll go to Missy's," I looked around and felt helpless. What do I do?

"One sec," I ran upstairs and threw on proper clothes while leaving Jasper in the room. He would have to wait for a little bit.

"Let's go," I unlocked my car and let her slide in before going over to my side.

"Why would Missy do this?" Rose whispered quietly as she clenched her fists.

"I don't know Rosemary, but we'll get Dasha back, I promise. What time did Dasha call you?"

"About ten minutes ago,"

"Good. We're not far behind them then," I sighed and continued to push my car farther towards my ex-girlfriend's house. At least my girlfriend was clever and knew how to get a message across to us. Who knows what we would've done if we hadn't...

Quit thinking about that, I told myself bitterly. My mind should not even be going there right now.

Of course the police weren't there yet when we pulled up. I had Rose stay in the car and call them again to give the address while I went up. There was a sedan parked by the side of the street, no doubt one of them had driven it... Why were they doing this though?

I hesitated to knock on the door, what if it was better for me to go in through a window? You couldn't see much inside from where I was, so I stepped off the porch and walked around to the side. I knew what the house was like so it wouldn't be an issue to get inside really.

Once getting to the back of the house I realized I didn't really have a plan on how to get her out, nor did I have a gun or anything on me. Shit, that wasn't the brightest idea.

I crept back around and went over to my car. Rose scooted over as I pulled out a crowbar that I had stashed under the seat.

"Better than nothing," I murmured and waited until Rose had locked the car before going back.

This time when I came around the back, I noticed someone coming out. Backing up into the bushes, I stayed quiet and waited for them to leave. It wasn't really in my agenda to kill someone today unless as a last resort.

I peeked out and made my way to the backdoor, realizing they had kept it unlocked. Praying a silent prayer of thanks I stepped inside and listened for footsteps or voices. Most likely they were upstairs in her bedroom, but I needed to check the downstairs first.

My feet slowly crept along the tile as I held the crowbar up, ready to swing if needed. No one was in the kitchen or living room when I entered. A sigh escaped my lips as I heard the distant chatter upstairs.

Making my way towards the stairs, I tested the first step and made sure it didn't creak with my weight. Placing my foot down, I went on every other step, slowly testing the soundness of the wood.

"Okay," I breathed quietly as I made my way towards her bedroom. There was still murmuring going on but I couldn't make out the voices through the door.

Tightening my grip on the crowbar, I took one step forward and gasped when the door opened. Wasn't expecting that.

"Looking for someone?" Missy's voice taunted me.

**Im doing this on purpose and I'm sorry! (Not) haha ;) but I will have an update, probably the last update for 3 weeks before my boyfriend comes down so beware! Not sure how many chapters are left at this point so be lucky there's at least another one after this! I know I'm about to receive a lot of comments here ;) **