27

I still had no idea what to do that next week as I waited for someone to pull me aside and accuse me of being with Hayden. Finals were coming up, so I wouldn't be in his class much longer, maybe we would be able to stay together?

"So what are your plans for the holiday break?" Tyson asked us at lunch.

"Skiing," Sean replied, "I think we're going to Colorado to hit the slopes. I might try to snowboard."

"Neat," Rose kissed his cheek, "I think we're going to LA to visit some family of mine."

"What about you Dasha?" Tyson asked.

"I honestly don't know," I smiled, "but I'm sure it'll be eventful."

"Yeah same, my dad's side wants to have a huge Christmas gathering before Christmas so all my relatives can show. I'm not sure my mom is aware of that yet."

"Well good luck with cleaning and all," I teased and checked my phone to see a text.

'Love you baby.'

Hiding a smile, I texted back, 'love you too handsome.'

"So when do you suggest we begin studying for these finals?" Rose groaned as she began looking at an outline she had been given from one of her classes. It had everything on it that she had learned this past semester, and they had covered a lot.

"Like now," Tyson sighed, "which sucks because sports are making it difficult for us to manage all of this at times."

I blocked out part of the conversation as my mind roamed to thinking of going to Hayden's and playing with Jasper. That would definitely make my day so much better right now.

"Hey I'll catch you guys later. I have to print out a paper that I forgot about until now."

"See us Dash," Sean smiled as I waved and headed towards the library.

The paper came out slowly as I tapped my foot against the floor. Time seemed to be slowing and I wasn't too eager about it with everything on my mind.

"Excuse me," a man stood behind me as I turned and felt my heart begin thundering.

"Sorry, I just thought you could maybe show me how you got your paper to print? Mine doesn't seem to be working from my computer," he smiled with a shrug.

"Uh, sure," I smiled and followed him to his computer as I shook off the uneasiness of thinking he was an authoritative figure.

"It's this one," I clicked the bottom printer on the list and hit okay.

"Thanks," he sighed, "I'll need to remember that for next time."

"Are you new?" I asked, seemed too early and too late to be accepting new students already.

"Yeah I transferred from Cleft University up in Ohio."

"That's cool," I said although I had no idea where that was exactly.

"What's your name?" His pale green eyes flickered back towards mine.

"Dasha," I looked away briefly as I tried to get myself together. What was it about a guy's eyes?

"Well, thank you Dasha, I'm Josh," he smiled again at me.

"It's nice to meet you," I felt awkward still standing there and looked around to make sure no one was seeing how close he was to me.

"Well I'll see you around," I grabbed my things and got ready to leave.

"See ya," he waved as I walked out quickly and felt an uneasy feeling arise in my stomach.

"Who's that?" Rose asked the next day as we were sitting at breakfast.

I turned to see who she was pointing at and saw Josh.

"That's Josh, he's new," I replied and continued to eat my cereal.

Rose waved him over as he flashed a smile once he saw me.

"Hey Dasha," he sat down on the end of the table as Rose quirked an eyebrow at me.

"Hey, Josh, this is my roommate Rosemary. Rose, this is Josh."

"Hey," he greeted her as they began chatting a little.

"So what class do you have first?" Rose asked him.

"Biology with Delgado, then History with Blaze?"

Perfect... I looked up as Rose looked at me then back at him. "That's cool, I heard Delgado is a little scatterbrained but decent overall."

"I think I can manage then," he chuckled, "what about Blaze?"

"He's..." Rose faltered for words, "well that's him over there," she pointed.

I turned to see Hayden glance at my table and I saw him wave at us, there was something off about it. Shit...

"Seems nice," Josh replied.

"And dreamy," Rose teased as I hit her foot under the table. Now was so not the time for jokes.

"I'll catch you girls later," he grabbed his plate, "thanks for letting me sit with you."

"Anytime," I whispered as he left and Rose looked at me funny.

"What's wrong Dash?"

"There's something up about him. I don't know what, but he won't stop looking at me."

"As a lot of guys tend to do," she flipped her hair back, "quit worrying. You have your man."

"But for how long?" I whispered.

"It'll workout," she grabbed my hand gently.

**So now we're meeting a new character kinda late in the story. What do you think of him? And is Dasha just overreacting or do you think he's bad news? Thanks for all the reads!**