19

We had everything packed and ready to go after an hour. Classes had been canceled for today for the "weather" but so far it seemed to be sunny and warm outside. Not sure where the weather man thought there was snow in the forecast.

"Jasper," I cooed as I placed him in the cage and set him in the backseat.

He yapped and curled up in a ball while leaning up against the metal door. Poor thing!

"So how long is the drive?" I asked as he pulled out and set his phone on the dock to play music.

"About three hours at the most," he smiled.

"Gives us plenty of time then," I winked and slid my hand up his pants leg suggestively.

"I suppose," he chuckled and intertwined my fingers with his instead.

Instead of pretending to pout and look upset, I just played with the channels on his radio and settled on some oldies station. I didn't know many of the songs but Hayden seemed content with them and was humming.

My heart seemed to leap out of my chest as I smiled wide once again. This man truly had me wrapped around his finger. But how did I tell him that?

'Tonight,' my mind told me as I turned around to pet Jasper through the bars. He was still sleeping and shifted slightly as I brushed his soft fur.

"So what's your family like?" I murmured softly.

"My mom is Indian and my father is Dutch. So totally different cultures, but both laid back and understanding."

"How is Blaze your last name? Doesn't seem Indianish."

"It's my dad's last name since he's Dutch. My mom has her last name now as her middle name and Blaze became her last name. If that makes sense."

"Right," I said and felt stupid for not realizing what he had said. "So what was your mom's last name before she married?"

"Narine," he smiled, "don't worry they'll like you. So will my siblings."

"How many do you have?"

"Just two, an older sister and younger sister. They're both lighter than me though so we don't look alike really. Well the older one looks like me more so but the younger one is pale like my dad."

I bet they're just as good looking as you, I thought in my head with a small smile.

When we arrived to the small town of Duran and I mean small! Like maybe one thousand people at max. How could someone live in a small town like this?

"I can see why you moved to a bigger city," I glanced around at the small houses, and every four or five there would be a two story. It was needless to say, an interesting setup.

"Yeah it's pretty small. Don't get me wrong, it was nice when I grew up with my siblings. But I needed a change, plus there's so much culture here believe it or not, with the small amount of people here."

"Wow," I glanced at the small kids that started running down the street with a Jack Russell terrier.

"Aww Jasper you can make friends!" I cooed as he lifted his head to look at me.

Hayden pulled into the driveway and kissed me gently, "don't worry about my family. They'll love you."

"Okay," I sighed and grabbed my duffel bag and Jasper's carrier as we walked into the two story house. It resembled Hayden's house at home but a tad bigger and the roofs were a burnt orange that made the off white walls stand out.

"Hayden!" I heard someone call and run up to him.

"Darina," he kissed his sister's head as she glanced at me. She was pale like me and I wondered what her dad looked like...

"Hayden's here!" She called happily and stood shyly against her brother as she took notice of me.

"Darina, this is my girlfriend, Dasha."

"It's nice to meet you," I held my hand out as she smiled and hugged me quickly.

"She's really pretty," she whispered to Hayden as I blushed.

"It's nice to see you Hayden," an older woman came into the room with her black hair braided ontop of her head.

"Hey mom," he kissed her cheek, or bent down to.

"Who's this?" She smiled at me.

"Dasha, my girlfriend," he grabbed my waist gently as I blushed and saw his mom's smile radiate.

"Well I'm glad you're here, even if it's not under the best circumstances."

"It's not a problem Mrs. Blaze,"

"Please, that makes me feel old. Call me Sabrina."

"Sabrina," I felt the anxiety fall away and noticed Hayden's older sister and dad waiting to meet me next.

"This is my dad, Franklin and my sister, Nina."

"It's nice to finally meet you," Nina winked as if I had been a secret for a long time.

"You have a puppy!" Darina cried as I set down the carrier and she let him out.

"He's so cute," Nina cooed.

Well I'm glad my time in the lime light was brief, but I knew it would resurface here soon.

Hayden kissed my hair as we went into the living room. Let the interrogating begin!