23

I got out of the car slowly with Jasper in my arms as Hayden went over to Missy and began speaking quietly but harshly.

"What are you doing here?"

"Hayden, we need to talk," she began and looked at me with a sad smile. God why did she have to be pretty!

"Can't it wait?" He murmured as I quickly walked inside with the dog in my arms.

I didn't want to hear what she was going to say, I already knew. That was his child... And I was a fool.

"Here you go boy," I whispered and sat him down as I walked up the stairs slowly and made a list of things to grab.

Grabbing my backpack from the corner and my duffel bag, I began packing up my things. The quicker I could get out of this house the better.

I heard a door open and then close as Hayden's footsteps sounded to look for me.

Please don't, my mind begged as tears began falling down my face and I wiped them away angrily. How could this happen to me!

"Dasha?" He spoke softly.

I said nothing as he took in what I was doing.

"Dash, can we talk about this please?" He whispered.

"What's there to talk about," I snapped, "it's your kid isn't it?"

"I didn't know... She... We were careful I swear," his hands were clenched and I could tell in his voice they had been. He hadn't been expecting this. I sure as hell wasn't expecting this.

"How far along?" I murmured.

"Five months, nearly six."

I did the calculations, it would be right, we hadn't been dating long or long enough for it to not be his kid.

"Why did she wait so long?"

"I don't know," he sighed. "I need to finish talking to her, will you stay?"

"I need to get going Hayden," I felt the tears fall again.

"Dasha," he pulled me to him as I began sobbing and pushed him away.

"Please, just let me go."

He sighed and held me at arm's length, "I don't want you to go."

We both knew what he meant by that, but wasn't it obvious that he was now expecting a child!

"I think it's best I do," I answered quietly.

"Dasha," he began again as I grabbed my things and began walking out the door.

"Dasha, stop!" he murmured quietly and I gasped at how much force was behind that tone.

I turned slightly, in fear that if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to handle walking out and acting like a bitch.

Hayden's mouth was slightly parted as he closed his eyes for a moment. "Whether it's my child or not, I'm with you. I love you Dasha, and I want you to be in my life."

Wait, he did love me! Cause this is a shitty time to tell me that...

"I..." I faltered and shook my head, "I just need time. Please," I begged as he ran his hands through his hair not knowing what else to do.

"Please Hayden," I whispered, "I'll come back."

"Promise?" he whispered just as quietly.

I nodded because my voice would't work at this point. He loved me... and his ex girlfriend was expecting a child.

"Okay," he murmured and remained stoic as I quickly ran down the stairs and out towards the campus without looking back. There was no reason for me to acknowledge Missy, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who I was.

Upon entering the dorm room, Rose looked up and dropped her book she was reading. "Oh Dasha, honey what happened?"

I dropped my shit on my bed and curled into the fetal position on the floor while sobbing. I didn't even know how to begin explaining what was happening.

"Dasha," Rose bent down and pulled me to her, "tell me what happened. Did Hayden hurt you?"

Not physically, my mind cried out even though I felt my heart was trying to be ripped out of my chest. Was this what love was like?

"She's pregnant," I cried even harder as Rose tried to figure out who she was.

"He's the dad..." I gasped and felt the weight of the word dad slam into me. This was not going to end well.

"He cheated on you!" she growled and grabbed her phone to call Sean or Tyson.

"No!" I cried and tried to pull myself together, "he... it was... before me. He didn't know. Rose, he loves me..."

She set her phone down and looked at me, "he told you? Today?"

I nodded and wiped my eyes on the edge of my sleeve while trying to stifle another sob from rising in my throat.

Rose nodded and seemed to be convincing herself that I wasn't delirious and just needed her there, not to go off on Hayden. He already had enough on his plate at the moment.

"Okay," she answered and pulled me back towards her as she rubbed my back soothingly. "We'll get through this together Dasha, I promise."

"Rose, I had sex with him," I groaned quietly and hid my face in her lap.

She faltered and continued playing with a strand of my hair, "Dash, I'm so sorry."

"I love him," I hiccuped, "and he loves me... but the baby," I stopped before I had breakdown number three.

"I know," she hugged me tighter, "you'll get through this. If he truly loves you, he'll stay. Don't worry about the child, that's his business to deal with. Not yours."

In a way I guess she was right, as hard as it was to wrap my head around this fact and what had just happened... it wasn't my issue to deal with. I would hear from Hayden soon enough on the verdict, and until then, I would just have to wait.

**Surprised? Kinda a sucky way to admit his love for her due to the timing... but that's life sometimes! What do you think will happen? And I hope you're excited I uploaded this chapter today as well as the previous one!**