22

I woke up in a tangle of sheets and Hayden. He was already awake and staring at me as I smiled sheepishly and tried to cover myself with the sheets.

"Don't," he pulled them away and pulled me towards him. "You're stunning Dasha and have nothing to hide," he kissed me gently.

"Thank you," I blushed and curled up in his arms.

"How do you feel?" He rubbed my back gently.

"Kinda sore, but good overall," I felt the smile creep back on my face.

"I see that," he chuckled, "you're glowing pretty good."

"Really?" I felt my cheeks flame up as he caressed my back.

"Mhm, don't worry love, my parents won't say anything I promise."

Once I sat down for breakfast, a thought occurred to me. After everything from last night, did that mean we loved each other? Was that our way of expressing it to one another?

My stomach knotted in excitement at the thought of being in love. There had to be no other explanation for why we did it last night. It had been a few months, so that made it even more clear in my mind. Hayden loved me.

Smiling to myself, I continued eating my eggs and felt Hayden's foot tap mine. He must have noticed that I was thinking of something involving him.

"We'll leave here in about an hour to go to the funeral," Franklin spoke quietly as we finished up.

"We'll be ready," Hayden assured him and helped take my plates as I went back upstairs to get ready.

I pulled out the black maxi dress I had and slid on the charcoal sweater and wedges. Simple but still professional.

I turned my curling iron on and began to twirl some of my hair. Hopefully it would stay...

"You look beautiful," Hayden murmured gently as he pulled out his black suit and baby blue shirt.

"Thank you," I replied softly and gazed at him from the mirror.

"We won't be there for very long," he murmured. "I know we need to get back and whatnot."

"I'll stay however long you want too," I stood up and hugged him tightly as he kissed my head.

"Thank you."

The drive over to the cemetery was quiet, there was soft music playing in the car but I didn't recognize it. Some people were already there as we pulled up and had helped set up the chairs and stuff for the ceremony. This was going to be a long day, I could already tell.

Hayden helped me out of the car and grabbed my hand as we made our way over to the seats. Several of Hayden's family came over and offered their condolences to his parents and then to each of the kids.

Most of them smiled gently at me as they were introduced and continued on their way down the line. I glanced at Hayden a few times but his face was stone, he refused to break down. I wrapped my arm around his back and pulled him closer, there was only so much I could do for him.

He turned slightly into me and kissed my hair. "Thank you," he murmured and walked me over to some of the chairs that had been set up.

The procession and everything after that was a blur and just depressing. I felt awkward in a sense being that I never met her, but she seemed like Hayden's mom. Understanding and wise with a little rebellion in her.

I was tracing Hayden's hand with my finger as we began to drive back home. Jasper was sleeping in his crate peacefully.

"My family really likes you," he smiled to himself as if he had won the lottery.

"I really like them as well," I giggled back and kissed his hand absentmindedly.

"Good, you'll probably see more of them," he trailed as I felt my heart pound. I mean obviously that was expected but everything with him was different.

"What are you thinking?" He asked gently.

"That everything with you is exactly and nothing like what I expected," I breathed.

"How so?" His eyebrow raised a bit.

"I," I tried to think of some way to explain myself. "Just everything that has happened so far... I've never felt this way with another guy,"

Hayden looked at me briefly before returning his eyes on the road, "I had a feeling since you gave something really important to me."

My cheeks flamed as he kissed my fingers gently and winked, "but I feel the same Dasha. There isn't even a girl that comes to my mind that has brought so much change into my life for the better."

I've changed his life? My mind asked me. I would have to investigate further about that one.

As we pulled into his neighborhood, I noticed a car in his driveway that wasn't his.

"We're you expecting someone?" I asked and felt my stomach knot up when I saw a woman get out of the car.

"What is she," Hayden braked the car without any notice when we both saw the tiny bump protruding from her abdomen. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

**Drama is happening!! Did anyone expect that? Please don't hate me, haha I've been working on this chapter for nearly a week it seems. I'll update here again soon!!**