26

Walking up towards his driveway, I was so nervous that I couldn't stop shaking. This had to be what it felt like to be on a reality show game and make that "final" decision to see if you want to bet all of your money or just keep what you have.

I knocked on the door timidly and waited a few seconds before Hayden opened the door and let me inside without a word. Shit.

Missy was sitting on the couch with a frown as I walked in. Now what on Earth could I have done to piss her off?

"Missy, will you please explain to Dasha what you told me."

I flinched at the anger that was in Hayden's voice, sheesh. What had she said to him to piss him off!

"I told him," she flipped back her braided hair, "that Hayden is not officially the father of this child."

A sigh nearly escaped my lips as I suppressed it to keep from getting in trouble.

"Tell her what else you also told me," Hayden growled as she looked at her manicured nails.

"Oh, right," she put on a fake smile, "after realizing that you were way too young to be seeing Hayden. I did some research, turns out you're a student here?" She pretended to gasp as I clenched my fists and got ready to beat her face in.

"Dasha," Hayden said gently as I grinded my teeth.

"You have no business or right to look into Hayden's interactions with myself. He's not the dad of your child anymore, so that should've been enough for you to leave, and thank God he's not. You're a pathetic excuse of a mother to begin with."

No one said anything as I watched Missy's face fall quickly and she held back tears. She wasn't so tough after all.

"That also means you were cheating on him. So tell me Missy, how are you even worthy to guilt trip Hayden when he's done nothing but been nice and there for you."

"Fuck you," she spat and stood up. "I've already made a report on you two, so either you leave the school immediately Dasha Watkins or Hayden loses his job. Your choice."

She stalked out and slammed the door as I smacked my hand against the table.

"Dasha," Hayden pulled me towards him as I began crying and shaking.

"Why would she do that to you?" I hid into his chest as he pulled me closer and stroked my hair.

"Shh, baby we'll figure this out okay? I'll remove you from my class and I'll relocate to another college that's not too far from here."

"No," I sniffed, "I need to relocate colleges. You have a job here that you love."

Hayden sighed, he knew I was right. Why did this have to suck so bad!

"If your ex wasn't pregnant I would be beating the shit out of her right now," I mumbled softly.

"Don't say that baby," he kissed my neck, "let me make some coffee okay? Would you like any?"

"If you have tea," I whispered quietly and remained curled up on the couch.

My entire body was shaking and I felt that it would explode at any moment. It's not even like the administration had found out yet, and he wasn't in jail so we were fine. For now...

'Just take it one day at a time Dasha,' I told myself and heard Hayden making noise in the kitchen as he got the coffee started and looked around for mugs.

I jumped slightly when I saw him come back in and hand me my tea. Just holding it in my hands was slowly calming me down.

"Would you want to watch a movie or anything?" Hayden set his mug down, "I don't really know what else to do and I just want to be next to you right now."

"That sounds great baby," I managed a smile as he kissed my forehead and put in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.

Hayden pulled a blanket over us and pulled me into him as I laid my head on his chest.

'Just one day at a time,' the thought echoed.

**Don't hate me if it's short! I meant to update sooner but I was having a hard time coming up with how to end the chapter. Also hope you like the dedication!! ;) **