34

**Hayden's POV**

The police showed up a few moments later as I spat out details faster than ever. The adrenaline was pumping through me as Rose and I got in one of the cop cars and began racing down the highway.

"We're going to get her back right?" Rose whispered.

I squeezed her shoulder gently, "yes."

She blushed slightly at my touch and it reminded me once again how women found me alluring.

"Officer?"

"Yes?" He turned his head to acknowledge me while his partner continued driving.

"She'll need an ambulance, her wrist was bleeding heavily. And Missy is pregnant... So take that how you will."

"Is it your child Mr. Blaze?"

"No," I stammered.

"Is Miss Watkins related to you somehow?"

Rose intervened, "she's my roommate. I called Mr. Blaze because I knew he would know what to do and has us both in his class."

I looked at her gratefully as she winked. Thank God her roommate cared so much for Dasha as I did.

"Got em," the driver said and called into the dispatch as backup was requested along with an ambulance.

Shots began to ring out as we swerved to avoid them. What the hell?

"Franks," the driver said as his partner pulled out his gun and began shooting back at the car. It never occurred to me that Missy may possess a gun.

"Hit the tires Franks," he ordered sternly.

"Sir, Dasha is in the back of the sedan."

We looked further ahead and saw we were about to get on the bridge that connected the cities over a river. This wasn't looking good.

"Either we blow out the tires now, or we risk it when they touch the bridge. Do it," the officer nodded at his partner as he began shooting at the back tires.

I felt my breathing quicken as they dented the back and prayed they wouldn't hit her.

"Got it," he sighed as the back tire blew out and the car began to slow.

"What the," Rose whispered as the sedan tried to speed up to the bridge.

"No," I clenched my fists as I saw Dasha peek her head up from the back window before she was thrown back to the ground. The sedan full on collided into another car and flipped upside down.

"Dasha!" I yelled as three cop cars surrounded the sedan and officers pulled out their guns.

"Put your hands above your head as you step out!" The chief commanded.

"No," I gasped and fumbled with the door handle before running towards the car.

"Sir," the chief began.

"There's a girl in the back who's severely hurt," I mumbled and pushed through as I tried to open the back of the door. It was crushed to where I couldn't open it on my own.

Peeking through the broken glass, I saw Dasha. She was unconscious and bleeding profusely.

"I need help!" I yelled as the officers came over and tried to help me pull the debris away to pull her out.

The sound of an ambulance filled the air as three pulled up and medics got out to check on the survivors.

"Sir, I need you to step back please," a paramedic pushed me gently.

"Is she going to be okay?" I choked.

"I need you to step back so I can check," he said and turned to the car as more police began pulling against the door.

It slowly pried off as the medics rushed to her side and began taking her pulse and bandaging her up.

Missy and Josh were escorted to the back of the police car as another medic checked on them. Officer Franks was reading them their rights.

"Is the other car okay?" Rose whispered.

"I think so," I breathed and saw them hauling Dasha onto a stretcher. God she looked near death.

"Follow us," the paramedic said at the pair of us.

We got in the back of the ambulance as they hooked her up to fluids.

"Dash," Rose grabbed her hand gently and gritted her teeth as tears spilled down her face.

I rested my hand on her forehead and caressed it gently.

"Please pull through," I whispered with tears beginning to fall.

**Dont hate me! Haha be glad for the update. That's what happens when you have no more finals, more time to think and type! Hope to finish this story before December ends, just FYI.**