Chapter 4: Special Wolf

Chapter 4

I slowly felt consciousness.

My head was resting on something hard. Or someone since there was heat radiating of it. But the person smelt amazing, like the forest mixed with a sort of spice scent. There were arms under me, carrying me. I could feel the movement of the person walking with me in their arms.

I tried to pry my eyes open to see where I was and who was carrying me but they were shut closed. I tried to move but I couldn't.

Then I remembered.

The beast!

It took me. Was I dead?

I felt my mind was blanking again as I slowly fell into unconsciousness for the second time.

~~~

When I regained consciousness I was no longer being carried. I could hear the loud rushing and trickling of water nearby. I also heard the shuffling of something's feet near me. I only prayed it wasn't the beast. I slowly pried my eyes open to realize that I was facing the dark sky of the night.

I slowly sat up, terrified to make any sudden movement and realized that I had been lying on the ground of a clearing somewhere in the mountains. There were large rocks around and I felt the soreness from laying on the ground.

To my left I saw the most incredible view in front of my eyes, a waterfall. Never in all my life have I ever seen one in person. It was absolutely stunning. It was large and the scenery was amazing. There were many beautiful vines to the side and the moonlight that reflected off it was incredible. The water was an iridescent blue which appeared as if the water was glowing under the moon light.

Then I remembered that it was the night of the blood moon. The beast had taken me.

My thoughts were cut short when I heard something walk behind me. My body instantly tensed and I froze in place not wanting to know what it was.

It was the beast, I was almost positive. I could practically feel his body heat radiating off him.

I gently stood up from where I was sitting, not daring to turn around. When I stood up, it was a bit difficult to stand since I was still in my heels and it was a rocky area.

I could hear the crunching of grass moving closer and I decided to turn around.

And there he was. Looking directly into my eyes, trying to show me he wasn't a treat by stopping in his tracks.

The stranger.

The same strange guy I met in the woods the day Jake tried to implant that chip in me. The same stranger that I hadn't been able to get out of my head.

I let out a sigh of relief.

But then I tensed up...how was he here, why was he here, where was the beast?

All these damn questions is starting to give me a headache.

"You." I said. "What the hell are you doing here?!" I asked panicked.

"Hello to you too." He said smiling as he took a step towards me.

I automatically took a step back.

"I would never hurt you." He said when he saw my movement.

"Where is the beast?" I asked.

He hesitated a moment before he answered me, "The beast, as you so graciously put it...left."

"Left? What do you mean he left? He can't leave. Isn't he suppose to, I don't know, kill me or something?" I asked exasperated.

"Or something." The stranger quietly mumbled.