Bonus Chapter: Christmas

"He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle

"He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle. And away they all flew like the down of a thistle. But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight, 'Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!'" I finished up reading the class 'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore as Everette drifted to sleep.

It was the night before Christmas and she insisted I read her the story twice before she fell asleep after exhausting herself from helping her dad and grandma in the kitchen all day. 

Setting the book aside, I gave a kiss on her forehead before quietly walking out and bumping into Thane.

"Geez, you scared the jingle bells out of me!" I quietly exclaimed. 

Grinning at me he wrapped me in his arms, "Is she finally asleep?"

"She fell asleep in the middle of the second reading. How about Tae?" I asked about our three-month-old bundle of joy. 

"Fell asleep in my arms as she finished her bottle." He led us down the staircase, "Time to wrap presents."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "No, we finished yesterday."

He chuckled nervously as we reached the living room and I saw the pile of new gifts laying room.

Groaning I stared at exasperated, "Thane, we've talked about this. Everette has every toy under the sun, most of which she doesn't play with and you keep filling our already crowded house with more. Not to-"

He silenced me with a deep kiss and I momentarily forgot what I was ranting over.

"Relax love, I got you an even better present." He smirked.

Frowning, I said, "But I don't need anything."

Pulling me to the couch and sitting me on his lap he grabbed the presents over to us, "Let's just get this done so I could show you."

"But it's not Christmas yet."

"Then call it an early gift."

"I don't want an early gift."

"You'll want this one."

I raised a brow, "How are you so sure." 

"Trust me, I know." His voice took a low drawl that sent a shiver down my spine.

"Fine," I conceited. "But tomorrow you better clean up all this wrapping paper."

Chuckling, he agreed and I slid off his lap as we got to work.