Chapter 22: House Hunting

Chapter 22

~ Four months later ~

"Hey Emery." Tate jumped out of nowhere and frightened me while I was preparing a sandwich.

I held my chest and glared playfully at her, "You scared the crap out of me!" I laughed.

Tate woke up from her coma the day after Abigail was exiled. Thane was over the moon when we found out that she woke up with nothing more than a headache and a fully recovered body. However, he banned her from all training and fighting for a while until he was sure that she was okay so we've been hanging out almost all the time.

It's been a total of five months that I've been here in Thane's pack. At first I definitely wanted out of this scenario because what crazed person would willingly stay with a total stranger that took her from her home?

Honestly it was a total horror story but after learning about Thane and him being a werewolf, well let's just say I was officially that crazed person.

But I didn't think so anymore. It may be unorthodox but I guess the entire situation was a bit strange seeing as I was mated to a wolf. Now I wouldn't change a single detail. The strange circumstances that lead to this, me being here, well it kinda lead me to happiness. Thane was amazing. He was a great leader and an even better boyfriend even though he was a bit more to me than a flimsy label.

At the start I would have castrated him for even speaking to me and now I can't get enough of him. It was as if we were obsessed with each other. We were almost constantly together when he wasn't off training the pack and I wasn't either being trained or helping in the infirmary.

"My brother sent me to deliver a message." She grinned like a Cheshire cat.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "What message?"

"To dress nice and be ready by six."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

She just shrugged, "I dunno."

"You're not telling me something." I accused her by the look on her face.

"Come on, when have I ever not told you something?" She rolled her eyes.

"Hmm let me see...how about never?" I smirked.

"He may just want to take you out on a date to do things I really don't need to think about as his sister." Tate grimaced.

"Tate!" I scolded and felt my cheeks blaze in embarrassment. "We haven't even...you know."

"Eww. I don't need to know this." She fake gagged and I fell into a fit of laughter.

When Thane and I were together we couldn't keep our hands off each other. I was honestly surprised we haven't committed the deed yet and that we both had to restrain ourselves to stop whenever things were getting heated.

I wanted him without a doubt but he would suddenly stop whenever it was getting too far. I had no idea why though. I was happy and content but I knew that I had to bear an heir for the next ritual that would take place next twenty years. Extreme but at least the pregnancy will only last five months since werewolves grow rapidly and mature in the womb at a faster rate than a human baby.

Thane and I were actually the only Alpha and Luna that have taken this long to get mated. Some Luna's get pregnant within two weeks and the others take about two months. Never has it been five months.

"What am I missing here?" Bailey asked as she walked into the kitchen to witness my laughter.

"Emery just casually discussing her intimate life...or lack thereof." Tate said giving me a disgusted look.