Chapter 16: The Crypt

Chapter 16

"A date?" I asked with a shy smile. "You asking me out alpha?"

A blush started to form on his cheeks and I could tell he wasn't accustomed to this sort of thing. "Aww he's blushing." I commented to add to his embarrassment.

Clearing his throat he went on, "Is that a yes or a no?" He asked sternly.

"Hmm, well you see the thing is I don't really go out with strangers." I smirked as I saw his disbelieving expression.

"Stranger? I couldn't call someone you've been sleeping with a stranger." Thane smirked as he walked towards me and I backed up all the way into the wall of the hallway.

"Sleeping?" I snorted, "I would hardly call it sleeping seeing that you snore louder than someone sawing wood." I retorted.

He trapped me like he always did and moved in closer towards me until I could feel his cool breath fanning my neck. "Say yes." He commanded.

"No." I stammered as his lips touched my right ear lobe. I struggled to move but if I was being honest with myself I didn't want to and I wasn't sure how to respond either as this was unchartered territory between us. So all I did was place my hands on his shoulders.

He moved his lips down my neck as he trailed kisses. I stopped struggling and I could feel his smile against my tender skin. "Should I stop?" He asked but I barely paid any attention to what he was saying.

I bit my lip to hold in an unwarranted moan that wanted to escape as he bit down on a soft spot on my neck. A wave of pleasure and emotions came rushing into my system when he did that and I couldn't answer him without embarrassing myself. My hands clenched on his biceps as this uncontrollable feeling rushed through me.

"Do you want me to stop?" He asked again when he didn't hear a reply.

Knowing that I may or may not regret this later on I gave in and moved my neck further to give him more access. With a soft chuckle he continued his passionate attack and I was weak in the knees shivering with pleasure.

"No date." I suddenly let out unintelligibly as I remembered what we were discussing.

"Are you sure?" He asked before biting the same spot on my neck a little harder.

"Yes." I let out as my answer in a moan.

"Yes we're going on a date?" He asked as he kissed me where he just bit which sent a shiver down my spine.

"We're not going a date. I meant yes as in yes I'm sure we are not going on a date." I cleared my voice and clarified as he finished his torture and looked down at me.

I could see desire and longing in his eyes but this wasn't going any further for tonight. There was lust at first but never love. I wanted to go on this date with him but I wasn't going to let him seduce me into it.

"Please Emery. Go on a date with me." He said again as he removed my hand from his arms and clasped them between his.

"Maybe if you asked instead of demanded..." I trailed off.

"I never meant for it to come off that way." He suddenly said, "I've never actually asked a girl out before so don't blame me on my first attempt." He laughed it off a bit embarrassed. "Let me do this right." Suddenly he was shooting towards the staircase as he bolted all the way down and to god knows where.

I was left confused and surprised. This guy never seems to amaze me especially with his super human abilities. But within a few minutes and before I could decipher where he was off to, he was suddenly jogging his way up the stairs with a bouquet of freshly picked flowers. He stopped in front of me at a gentlemen's distance away.