Chapter 33: Dead Wolf

Chapter 33

Just as Adler shifted into his wolf form, a few pack members came out from the pack house behind me and escorted me to the living room. Everyone who was in the pack house was all gathered around in the space with nervous expressions.

Bailey was at her mother's house and Delilah was teaching at the school we had in the pack but Caroline was on patrol duty and I prayed that she was alright since I didn't know exactly what was going on.

Everyone in the room looked a bit worried but no one said a word.

"Does anyone know what's going on?" I asked them all.

"We aren't sure yet Luna." One of the males who guarded the entrance to the living room spoke up. "We only know that a wolf was shot but the Alpha hasn't given us any information yet. He only directed us to make sure everyone is safe and secured hence the reason why everyone in the house is gathered together."

"But if someone was shot then I should be out there helping them." I stated as I tried to exit the room but the few guards there blocked me.

'I'm sorry Luna but we can't do that. It's the Alpha's orders since you are expecting and he wants you both to be safe.' The guard mind linked to me since Thane and I didn't get the opportunity to announce to the pack about my pregnancy.

We barely had time to process it ourselves.

'Thank you.' Was my only response as I faced everyone else. "No news yet everyone but the Alpha thought it best for us to stick together and that's what we can do for now to ensure no one else gets hurt."

Everyone nodded and fell into their own conversations about what was going on.

"Luna, come sit." One of pack members, whose name is Maria ushered me over to the empty seat next to her.

I gave her an appreciative smile as I walked over and took a seat.

'You're expecting aren't you?' Maria mind linked to me.

"How'd you know that?" I asked in surprise.

'Your touching your stomach in protection.' She pointed it out and I realized that I was subconsciously doing just that.

"I am." I revealed with a smile and then noticed that she was sporting a baby bump the size of Bailey's which meant she was just over a month pregnant or about two human months pregnant.

'Well congratulations Luna.' She mind linked to me with a sincere smile.

'And congratulations to you as well. Maybe in the future our kids will be friends.' The thought alone of a little Thane running around made my heart warm.

"They sure will be." She said happily as she distracted me from worrying about what was happening.

Before she could delve further into the conversation however I heard the backdoor open loudly and the guards moved away from the entryway to the living room and revealed Thane with a bloody t-shirt.

He sported a poker face and showed no emotions but just from being near him, I knew how he felt.

Anxious, nervous and the slightest hint of fear.

"Thane." My breath caught in my throat as I felt his emotions wash over me. "What happened?"

But he didn't answer audibly, he mind linked everyone and they all gasped at what just took place.

'Atticus is dead. He was shot with a silver bullet by a human hunter.' Was Thane's words as he looked at me.

Along with everyone else who got that message, I was in shock.