Chapter 15

Bri POV
I woke up to screaming, as usual. Mark came in the room with an outfit and shoes.

"Bri. Get up and shower. Today is the trial. And we can't be late" he said.

I nodded still sleepy.

When he left, i got up and shower. I changed my clothes and did my hair right after. I looked like this:

 I looked like this:

I grabbed my phone

I grabbed my phone. I went downstairs to see my appas waiting for me.

 I went downstairs to see my appas waiting for me

"You guys ready to go?" I asked.

"Yup. Lets get this over with" JB said.

We all walked out the house and into a limousine that was ordered for us. The whole ride to the court house was quiet. I was thinking of what I was going to say. I was told that the girls did confess but I used to know them and Kayla and Minnie always change their story.

We got to the Courthouse. It was paparazzi everywhere. We all got out of the van. We started walking to the doors of the court house, ignoring the camera and questions being asked to us.

We finally entered the Courthouse. It was big and beautiful. I looked around. I spotted my lawyer after awhile of looking. She was a little taller than me. She had Brown hair and pretty skin. It seemed like she was mixed.

My appas told me they were going into the courtroom. I decided to talk to my lawyer. I've seen her before but i don't know her.

"Hi" she said as i walked up to her.

"Hi. I'm Bri" i said.

"I'm Kimmie."

"Okay. May I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"I lived in America but some of my family is from Africa. I moved here since half of my family is here. My dad is Korean and my mom is African."

I nodded then, looked at the courtroom.

"The trial is starting. We should head in" I said.

She nodded and we both went in thw courtroom. It was a private trial. The jury had to swear not to tell anything about this.

I was the first to be called up. When I say do in the witness chair (I think that's what it's called), a officer walked up to me with a bible. I put my  right hand on it and lift my left hand.

"Do You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" She said

"I swear" I replied.

I lifted my hand and she walked away. Kimmie started organizing the files she had.

"So, Miss. Tuan. How about you tell us what happened on (Random date)" Kimmie said.

"Well, it was a........day. I was performing with a group that I knew. After a few songs, i decided that I should leave since it wasnt my performance and I started getting tired. I called one of my appas to pick me up while I waited outside. I sat in the front the place, on the stairs. I was looking around and i noticed two girls walk past me. After a while, they turned around. They stood in front of me. Then, they started yelling racial slurs at me. I tried standing up to walk somewhere else but that back fired" I said.

"What happened next?" Kimmie asked.

"They grabbed me and pushed ne against the wall of the building. They started punching me and beating me up. I tried to fight back but they had my hands against the wall as well. One of them grabbed a knife out of their pocket and stabbed me."

"How do you know it was a knife?" Kimmie asked.

"After I was stabbed, I looked down and saw a knife."

"Did You see who the girls were?"

"Yes. It was two girls from the orphanage. Their names we're Kayla and Minnie. Minnie is the Korean one. Kayla is the Caucasian one. Minnie is the one who stabbed me."

"What happened after you realised you were stabbed?"

"Minnie continued to stab me. After about 2 minutes, they left. I was on the ground. I reached for my phone out if my back pocket. I calles my appa."

"Hmm. Why didn't you call the police?"

"I didnt call the police because I knew I had limited time until I passed out. My appa's number was the first number in my "emergency call" list. So, I called him before I passed out, which was only a few seconds after I grabbed my phone."

"Permission to present evidence, your honor?" Kimmie asked

"Permission granted" the judge replied

There was a TV on the side of the room. Kimmie plugged it up and put a tape in it. It was a video fron the security cameras. After the video, Kimmie sat down back down.

"Alright. No further questions, your honor" Kimmie said.

Kayla and Minnie's lawyer starts to organize his files.

"May you please state who it was that you call after the incident" he said.

"Kim Yugyeom."

"Hmmm. Do your saying your parents let you leave the house alone?"

"Objection, your honor. Irrelevancy" Kimmie said.

"Sustained" the judge said. "Sir, please say relevant to the case."

"Okay. While you were waiting outside, were you alone?"

"Yes."

"Mmm. How did you know it was Kayla and Minnie who assaulted you and not anyone else?"

"I..... When I was sitting on the stairs on the building, i saw them and instantly recognized their faces."

"Mmm. No further question, your honor."

"Redirect?" The judge asked.

"No, your honor" Kimmie stated.

"Please be seated" the judge said to me.