Chapter 18

Bri POV
It was now time for the closing. I was tired. I knew what was going to happen. But I still wanted to watch the show. Minnie and Kayla's lawyer were going first. He looked so worried. He knew he had to lie or something to do the closing. He stood up.

"These two girls. Young sweet girls. They are being accused of assult and attempted murder. They are still young. Why would we put two girls in juvie just to put them in prison for the rest of their lives? They may not be innocent. But they surely didnt want to murder this girl. So I say, please don't put these girls away for more than they deserve" he said. He stood near the jury for a bit. Then he sat down.

Kimmie stood up out of the chair.
"These girls have done harm. Not only to Bri. But to her family as well. To her friends. And also to many others. They put this family through hell. And Bri in a coma. All for a little 'PAYBACK'. These girls dont deserve to be charged for attempted murder. But they did assault this girl. There for, they need to deal with their consequences." Kimmie stayed in the middle of the room for awhile. Then she sat down.

The jury went to take a 5 minute break to find a verdict.

"Kimmie. Your good at this" I said.

"I've been doing this longer than you being on this Earth" she said smirking.

I looked at her confused.

"I'm not as young as i seem, Bri" she said.

"How old are you then?"

"Don't worry about it child" she said.

"Alright" i said.

3 minutes later
The jury came back.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, have you reached a verdict?" The judge said.

"Yes we have" one of the woman said. "On charge of attempted murder, we find the defendants not guilty."

I could see Kayla glaring at Minnie. But Minnie was smiling. I would smile too if i didnt have to go away for longer than I needed to.

"For the charge of assault, we find the defendants guilty."

"Alright. I sentence the defendants to 6 years in juvenile detention and 3 years in prison after they turn 18" the judge said.

I started dozing off.

"Case closed."