Chapter 20 : surprise party.

I get jealous because I'm afraid someone is going to make you happier than I do.             
                   ~sj

Kim seok Jin's pov.

After work I thought of visiting Lee SO min.
I got off at 8pm and bought a bouquet of flowers and red ginseng syrup.
I drove to her place.
I stood out at her door hesitating whether to knock it or not.
I didn't want to her to get a wrong idea that I care for her.

"Kim seok Jin is that you? " A familiar voice spoke from behind.
"Oh what are you doing here? " Lee SO min asked.
I saw grocery bags in her hand.
"Umm nothing much I was just passing by" I said and turned back to leave.
"Wait, are you sure you were just passing by? Because I don't think so. The flowers are for me, aren't they? " Lee SO min said looking at the bouquet in my hands with her weak voice.
I gave the bouquet with medicine to her without replying back.
"Thankyou so much. They are so pretty. " She said.
"Would you like to come in for a coffee? " She asked.
I nodded not wanting to make her feel bad.

I entered her house.
She went at the kitchen counter and started making coffee. I sat on the sofa.
"Where is your brother? " I asked.
"Oh he went to our hometown to live with our parents for few days. " She replied still focusing on making coffee.
"So how would you manage in this condition? " I asked her in concern.
"I'm better now. I can take care of myself. And I also have a really nice neighbor. He checks on me on daily basis. " She said.
"And you have met him too" She continued.
"Me? When? " I asked.
"When your sister came to your office and you came down to call me. You saw me with a guy. You told not to meet any visitors in the building. And.. " She said.
"Ah i remember. " I cut her off.
"So he is your neighbor. " I said.

Now I know who that bus stop guy is. He is her neighbor.

"Do you like him? " I asked.
"Of course I do. He is such a nice friend. Not a nice friend but one of the best friends. He always take care of me. " She said while bringing coffee to the living room.
"I mean do you have feelings for him? " I asked hoping for a no.

By the way I don't care if she dates someone or not. I asked it out of curiosity.

"No, I already have someone that I like at the moment " She said.

"Ohh" That all I said.

'She used to like me in school (A/N: if you don't remember, when Lee SO min went to Kim seok Jin's house she said that she liked him in school in drunken state) but I think she like somebody else now. I mean it's possible to like somebody else. She is pretty, and she has a nice personality. The person who she likes might like her back' I thought.

"But I don't think he likes me back " She snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Why did you confess him? " I asked.
"No, not yet. But I know the way he sees me. " She said.
"Let's talk about something else" She said wanting to change the topic.

Timeskip

We talked for an hour. He got up to leave.
"Kim seok Jin " She said.
"Hmmm? " I replied back.
"Thankyou for yesterday and for today also. I don't know how to pay you back" She said.
"If you want to pay me back, get well soon and come back to work. " I said.
I waved her and drove back home.

Lee SO Min's pov.

{1 week later}

I was already feeling great. So I decided to go to work after 1 week.  I woke up early to make some homemade brownies for Kim seok Jin as a vote of thanks.