Chapter 28 : Best friend?

I don't want anyone else to have your heart.
                                                 ~sj.

Kim Seok Jin's pov.

"It's all right Kim Seok Jin" Lee SO min said.
I lifted my head to see her. She was sleeping.
"Lee so min, Lee SO min? " I said softly shaking her a little bit.
She didn't respond. She was sleeping peacefully.
Did she said it? Or was it my imagination?
But I'm sure I heard correctly.
I shrugged of the thought. I kissed her forehead before standing up to sleep on the couch.

Next morning.

The police arrived at the hospital to investigate and ask questions. Kim Taehyung came in early morning to replace my position as I had to go through police procedures.

After an hour I was done with telling about the scene and the assailant.

I was on the way back to the room. I suddenly thought of buying flowers for Lee SO min. I got out of the hospital to buy some. I bought some gerbera daisies. I went back to the hospital.
I was out of the Lee SO min's room. I opened the door. As soon as I opened the door my heart shattered into million of pieces.
Kim Taehyung was pecking Lee SO min on her lips. I couldn't hold my anger. I barged into the room. I threw the flowers on the couch and grabbed Kim Taehyung from his collar.

"How dare you kiss her?" I shouted.
"Why can't I? I love her. " That's all he said.
My grip loosened from his collar. I don't know why but I didn't feel that he was wrong. He was wrong that he kissed Lee SO min when she was not conscious but he love her.

I could see the pain and love in his eyes for her. They were real. I guess they will make a good couple. Kim Taehyung loves her. I think Lee SO min too like him.

I nodded and came out of the room to give them some personal space.
I went outside the hospital and sat on a bench. I stared at the blue sky filled with cotton like white clouds.
Suddenly my phone started ringing. The caller ID showed Mr. Jung, my manager.
I picked up the call.

"Hello, good morning sir. You should come here as there is an important meeting with foreign investors " He said.
"Mr. Jung. Cancel all the meetings for at least a month. I've something more important to take care of. "I said before hanging up.
After an hour or so I thought to go back. When I reached the room. Kim Taehyung was not there.
I found a note on the table.
"I have to go. Jihyun will be back soon from college. " The note said.
I read it and sat on the couch and stared at Lee SO min.
I remembered old days. She was a naughty girl in high school. She was a trouble maker and was always given detention.

Flashback.

I was sitting in the classroom. We had same english period. The students can take english with seniors too.
Lee so min entered and sat two seats in front of me.
I was staring at her the whole period when the teacher called me.
"Mr. Kim, Mr. Kim? " The teacher said.
I was snapped out of my thoughts as my partner moved my shoulder.
"Uhm yes teacher. " I said.
"You are not paying attention. Detention after class. " She said.
Lee SO min started laughing hard.
"Oh so you find this funny Ms. Lee? Detention for you also after class. " She said.
Lee SO Min's smile dropped.
After class got over. I packed my things and got out of the class as fast as I can.
I made an excuse that I have stomach ache. It's not that I didn't want to have detention but it was that I didn't want to face Lee SO min. I never talked to her and I couldn't also now. So I made the excuse.

End of the flashback.

I was laughing pretty hard remembering the incident. I don't know when but I fall asleep.

Time skip.

I woke up around 8pm. I opened my eyes and saw I was on couch. But something was strange. A blanket was covering me. I sat up and moved my eyes towards Lee SO min. She was sleeping.

"How the heck i got covered with a blanket. Did somebody come when I was sleeping? " I thought but shrugged it.

I got out of the room to eat something as I didn't eat anything from yesterday morning.
I went to a convenience store nearby  and ate instant noodles.

Lee SO min's pov.

I opened my eyes. My head was spinning. I saw that I'm on a bed. It looked like a hospital. Suddenly all the incidents of yesterday came flowing in my mind. I turned over to one side and saw a table clock. It showed 6 pm. I tried to sit. I saw someone lying on the couch. It was Kim seok Jin. It must be cold.As it's November and he was sleeping without a blanket.

I stood up taking support of bed and wall and walked towards him. I covered him with a blanket. I saw myself wrapped with bandages on wrist. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my chest. So I walked back to my bed before I fell and my condition gets worse. And drifted to sleep.

End of Lee SO Min's pov.

Third person's pov.

Kim seok Jin was eating at the convenience store peacefully but he didn't know someone was watching his activities throughout all this time. He has been watched carefully.
And about Lee SO Min. They already know about her. They already searched everything.
Min yoongi is dead but he wasn't the main Mafia. There is someone who acquires higher position than him.
Kim Namjoon. Yes his high school friend. He planned all this. Because of jealousy and hatred he made his mission to kill Kim seok Jin and acquire his position and wealth. But why did Kim Namjoon started hating him? There must be a reason. They were like best friends in high school. They told each other their secrets.

"Sir Kim seok Jin is currently at a convenience store" The counter person typed in his phone.
"Ok... " The person on the other line messaged back.
Maybe Kim Namjoon.

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry for such a late update. I'm not well these days. But I'll try my best to publish chapters more often. And I request you to DM or comment in my previous chapter about sequel or new novel. Until then.
Love❤