8.) A Poem Of Truth.

Where'd you go Natsu? Why'd you leave me during my hardest moment of life? It's so hard to be positive without you.

     Everyday, is another dark day. With only a note for information... I want your words,not letters.

    Dearest of my tears fall on the floor. I wish you were here... for me... and for my key. My broken key.

   He flipped over to the next few pages.

     Dear mom, Im doing better now. Im trying my best to stay happy, for you and Aquarius. My flame is not yet extinguished. And my star is still shining.

     Natsu is still on his year long training i guess. I got a job at the Sorcerers Weekly editing. Im doing well and i hope you are too.

     Have you ever gone through this mommy? I wish you'd be here... to help me cope with this. At least you're with dad...

     He flipped again.

    I'm feeling a lot better than last year. I'm doing much better and im not crying myself to sleep everyday. Im tracking everyone as i have hope to find them and get together again.

    Isn't the world lovely? It's regaining its colors again. My world isn't just dark and gray.

     I carry Aquarius with me everywhere i go. She's still with me.. and i know it. I want her to see my adventures, so she doesn't feel trapped like me.

     A single tear fell down his cheek.

"She went through all this?"

     It had been years since this happened. They were still on their 100 year quest when Natsu found a box Lucy carried with her everywhere. He got curious and read every poem.

Every.Single.One.

"im so sorry Lucy..."

"Natsu! Let's go!"

.
.
.

"Huh? What're you doing?"

He quickly hid the box and turned to Lucy and gave her a small smile.

Lucy got worried.

"H-Hey.. what's wrong?" She asked softly. Wiping his single tear.

"O-Oh! I d— i was just— I—"

"hey...calm down.... its okay.. just breathe."

Lucy held Natsu in her arms. She slowly pet his head and gently whispered in his ear..

"..if it's about anything personal... i won't ask... when you feel better.... know im here... you can talk to me.."

Natsu's tears rolled down his face as he quietly cried in Lucy's chest. He held Lucy. He felt horrible. Not only had she written dark poems, but suicidal ones too. He couldn't imagine a world without Lucy.

"..l-lucy....im sorry...."

"..what for..?"

"...your...poems..."

Lucy's eyes widened.

"Y-You read them?"

"..y....yes..."

She began to have an emotional rollercoaster. Was she supposed to feel mad or embarrassed? She didn't want to be mad... Natsu was crying after such a long time...

"...it's okay Natsu.... im still here..."

"BUT WHAT IF YOU WERENT?!!?!!" Shouted Natsu.

Lucy Flinched.

"...i was going through a hard moment in my life.... i lost my best friend.... and you left me alone....but i'm okay now... because you're here..."

"...im sorry Lucy Heartfillia.... please forgive me...."

"I do Natsu Dragneel... I did a long time ago..."

She hugged him tightly.

-time skipu-

Natsu had fallen asleep in Lucy's (cabin) bed.

She sat next the bed and watched Natsu.

Erza walked into the room and was about to shout at the two before realizing Natsu's tears on his face as he slept and Lucy's worried face as she starred him.

"What happened?"

"..oh...He read my poems-and uh.."

Erza starred at the pile of paper.

"May I?"

"uh yes."

Erza picked up the box and read them from bottom up. Her eyes watered.

"Lucy.... I—"

"That's why he was crying... he blamed himself...ugh... i feel so terrible..."

Erza gave Lucy a hug.

"Im sorry you went through that... i should've kept contact with you..."

"Its okay! That's...all...in the past... im okay now... i have everything i need. Except for Aquarius."

"We'll all help you find her... don't worry..."

Lucy smiled.

"Thank you Erza.."

     The team left and told Lucy where'd they would be for their next stop. It wasn't far. So it'd only take a few hours for them to get there and catch up.

Natsu woke up a few hours later. It was still pretty early.

"nngh... Lucy..?"

"Ah! You woke up!" Lucy gave him a quick smile.

"LUCY!" Natsu jumped out of bed and hugged Lucy tightly.

"N-NATSU THE TEA!"

"SCREW THE TEA LUCY!"

He held Lucy tightly as his eyes began watering.

It didn't take long for Lucy to Notice.

"Natsu... its okay... its not your fault.."

"But I!-"

Lucy placed her finger on Natsu's lips.

"shh.. its okay! OKAY?!? So stop blaming yourself!!"

Natsu simply whimpered.

Lucy's face then went red as she realized that her feelings for Natsu was written on multiple pages.

"N-Natsu? Did you read the ones with my—.......my...feeli—"

"I read all of em'..including the "I wish Natsu would stop being so dense and notice my feelings already!" ones.." Natsu said as he smirked.

"I-I DIDN—"

Natsu stopped Lucy by kissing her sweetly.

"I feel the same way Lucy. I may not show it... but i love you so much.."

Lucy blushed softly and smiled gently at his words.
"I-I love you too..."

"I know."

"H-HEY!"

Natsu giggled as Lucy stood there in embarrassment.

"Now lets go finish this quest!"

"Yeah!"

"and let's keep this a secret!" winked Natsu.

"Sure!" giggled Lucy.