Chp 2

Michael's POV
     It's been a while since I've felt like this. I finally feel like I have a grip on things again. Took me a while but I'm happy I'm here. All my financial troubles have been taken care of, my kids are turning into adults, life is simply beautiful. But now I want to get back into giving back. I want to visit hospitals and orphanages again. Nothing brings more joy to my heart than helping children.
     I'm in NYC for New York Fashion Week. My little girl is going to be walking for Gucci. This is her first ramp walk and I couldn't be more excited. But I decided to stop by a hospital first and then heading over to the venue for the show. I had my people load cars filled with toys and different little things I thought the kids there would enjoy.
     As soon as I arrived, paparazzi was everywhere. Cameras flashing left and right, all I could do was simply smile and wave. I wouldn't change a single thing in my life, I'm very blessed to be where I am and receive an immense amount of love from all over the world. But sometimes I just want to be a normal guy. I don't want to be recognized. That is why I do what I do. I love children and all people around the world, and if my fame can help change lives on a global scale, I will do everything in my power to make sure that happens.
     I went from room to room with the help of a few nurses and the hospital administrator. We gave out toys, spoke to the children and their families, and took some pictures. It was fun. As much as I feel joy, my heart also hurts just as much to see such young and innocent children suffer with illnesses. They don't deserve such cruel treatments. I was mostly in the pediatric wing with kids with cancer and various other diseases. I wanted to make my way around the entire pediatric section. I asked the hospital administrator to take me to the next floor.
     The first room I was taken into was dark. The lights were off and the curtains covering the patient from the door. I gently knocked and heard a little girl say "come in". I pulled the curtain to the side and saw the girl. She had to be like 10. She looked pale. A sickly pale. She also looked very frail and weak. She was all bruised up with IV's connected to her.
     "Hi sweetheart, my name is Michael. I wanted to stop by and see how you're doing. Is it ok if i sit down?" I said pointing to the chair next to her bed. She nodded slowly as I looked into her glassy eyes.  All I saw was pain and confusion in those big brown eyes. One of the nurses came up to me and whispered in my ear that she was here due to abuse at home. She's been here once before for the same reason but things escalated this time. I could feel my heart break into a million pieces. How can someone hurt a child. I will never understand parents like that. How can you possibly hurt a helpless and innocent child....? I could feel my eyes starting to get watery. I didn't want to cry in front of the little girl. I want to cheer her up, not remind her of what brought her in here to begin with.
     "What's your name sweetheart?" I ask while caressing her bruised cheek with the back of my hand.
     "M-m-mia," she whispered. She couldn't keep a steady eye contact for some reason. She looked down like she was uncomfortable. So I moved my hand away. I didn't want to trigger any unwanted emotions.
     "That's a beautiful name sweetie. Sounds somewhat like mine. Michael-Mia," I pointed out. I saw a tiny smile on her face. She was still looking down and fidgeting with her fingers. All I wanted to do was hug this little girl. Something in my heart kept telling me to protect this little girl. I can't even explain it. It felt divine. It felt like I was meant to be here.
     "Are you Michael Jackson?" she asked in a whispering tone. I smiled. Normally that's the first thing people notice, it took Mia a good 15 mins before asking.
     "Yes sweetheart," I said as I stuck out my right hand hoping she'll return the handshake. She held out her tiny little hand in mine and gave me a light handshake. I didn't want to pry but there was just so much hidden behind those big eyes. So much hurt and wonder. I felt a connection with her. I was once just like her. Coming from a house of abuse is not easy. With the physical pain comes a plethora of  unmanageable emotions. All the while, you're trying your best to keep family secrets... a secret.

To be continued