Chp 23

Mia's POV
I was awakened by Daddy really early in the morning. It was only like 7am. Today was my first official day of "school". Daddy said I have to get home schooled since regular school would not be safe for me, considering the circumstances. It would only be Blanket and me, since Prince goes to college and Paris isn't in school. Blanket and I had two separate tutors but we started at the same time.
To say I was cranky would be an understatement. From the second Daddy pulled me out of bed, I was ready to start chaos. Everything that came out of my mouth was attitude. Although Daddy seemed to have been super calm and ignored most of my comments, he couldn't stop himself from giving me a warning before I started class.
I was kind of worried about him. He didn't act the same as he always does this morning. He seemed more tired and upset. I don't know what's wrong but maybe it might be the whole Paris thing. To tell you the truth, I don't even know what this whole Paris thing is about. Daddy keeps changing the topic every time I bring it up. I asked Prince and Blanket but they have no idea what I'm talking about. I hope everything is ok.

Michael's POV
I could barely sleep last night. I was up all night thinking about how to approach Paris about this. My heart is aching for her. I feel like I just can't catch a break these days. There's always something new with the kids that needs my constant attention. I thought that phase stopped after a certain age, but I guess not.
Prince has always been my strength. My first born. He was always very mature for his age. I felt like I could unload my problems on him, and he would understand it so well. But this time, I don't want to burden him with Paris's situation. I know it would hurt him just as much as it hurts me. As he left for class this morning, I couldn't help but feel a sense of emptiness. I hold on so tight to my younger two, but soon they too will be too old to be home schooled and be under my constant care.
Diminishing my worrisome thoughts, as I woke up Blanket and Mia for school. I prepped them all on my own this morning. Usually Grace is here to help, but I gave her the day off since I'm going to be home all day. I had their breakfast ready and made sure they were prepared for their tutors. Blanket is used to this routine so all I had to do was wake him up. Mia, on the other hand, can be a nightmare in the morning. She's not a morning person, AT ALL.
I had to literally pull her out of bed, and hold her up while she brushed her teeth with her eyes shut. Everything that came out of her mouth was either the word "no" or just straight up whining. And of course, today she didn't like anything in her closet. She refused to put on a single outfit she owned. After a certain point, I didn't care if she wore her pajamas to class. I just wanted her to be dressed. She finally decided on a pair of leggings and one of my sweatshirts. I didn't even have the energy to reprimand her this morning. I just wanted her in the classroom in one piece.
After finally getting dressed, she refused to let me brush her hair. It was in a tangled mess. Her naturally curly hair can't withstand all the tossing and turning she does the entire night. If I didn't brush out the knots in that moment, we would eventually have to cut it off. That's how bad it was. But as usual, Mia was stubborn and frustrated. She broke down crying as I ignored her pleads to not brush her hair. I know it sucks having to wake up so early and run around the house to get presentable. But she can't do whatever she wants.
After a very tiring morning, I took the time to go to the library and get some reading done. Once my two monsters were officially in class, the house seemed quieter. Prince was also out of the house, in class. Paris was still asleep. It was about to be lunch time but she still has not woken up. I was starting to get worried. I went to her room to see if she was ok. She was still in bed asleep, but her breathing was kind of weird...
     Her breathing kind of sounded like a wheezing sound. It was strange and it freaked me out. I shook her arm in panic, prompting for her to wake up. She finally opened her eyes and covered her face. "Dad, please no lectures right now. My head can't bear it," she begged.
"Get up and come downstairs," I said simply.
"Daddy, I just said-," Paris began.
"And I just said to get your little butt up and come downstairs," I said breaking her off. "I'm not negotiating with you little girl," I said sternly. I turned around and left the room, to give her some privacy before she comes down. I had food prepared for her as well. I was hoping we could have a real conversation over food. But as quickly as my hopes went up, they were brought back down drastically quick. I see Paris coming down the stairs, dressed with her shoes and bag in her hands.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"Sorry Daddy, I forgot I had a photoshoot today and I'm already late," she claimed. "I promise I will sit down with you and talk when I get home. I promise and I'm sorry Daddy. Really," she said quickly. I didn't know what to think. Maybe she really did have a photoshoot. Or maybe this was just her way of avoiding an earful she's about to get. Either way, I couldn't stop her. She was out the door before I could even respond.
But she came running back in 2 seconds later, looking frustrated. "YOU TOOK MY CAR AWAY?" she questioned.
"Yes," I replied.
"Why? You know I need my car for work," she snapped back.
"I'm sorry, I didn't realize last night was a "work" thing," I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and grunted. I don't care how old she is. If shes gonna fuck up under my roof, she's gonna have consequences. "I did not raise my children to be drug addicts," I spewed with anger.
"Oh my god Dad! I'm not a drug addict!" she exclaimed while rolling her eyes. "But I can't talk about it right now because I really have to get to the photoshoot," she said urgently. "Can I please get my car back?"
"No, my driver will take you," I responded coldly. She opened her mouth again to say something but I put my hand up. "That's enough out of you. My driver or nothing. Take it or leave it."
"Ugh! Fine!" she grunted.
"And he'll be there to drop you home right after this "photoshoot" of yours is over too," I said. She turned around dramatically and left. I hate when she gets so riled up. God how did I not know she was partying like this. I don't even know what she's on. What if it's just some weed and I'm freaking out. Don't get me wrong, I don't want her doing weed either. But that would be WAY better than all the other possibilities going through my mind right now.
I hated the fact that I was doing this. But I couldn't help myself. Paris is gonna hate me if she finds out. I slowly walked into her room as I erased those thoughts from my head. I was planning on looking for anything suspicious in her room. Any bottles or drugs that would hint me towards an idea of how serious this situation really is. And just then, in plain sight next to her bed, I found it. My heart dropped. My mouth became dry...