Chp 54

Mia's POV
     I woke up to an empty bedroom. I had no awareness of time since we were in the air. I laid in bed for a few more minutes, thinking about everything that has been going on. Feelings of guilt and rage were taking over my body. Why would Daddy do that to me? Then again, I knew I was wrong. I knew I was out of line. God, I felt like such an idiot for acting like a brat. As angry as I was, I was also just as sad. I miss cuddling with him and just being around him. Since the whipping, I haven't felt close to him. Now I'm left with an aching butt and a growling stomach. I wanted Daddy.
     I exited the room to find everyone around the table, eating and talking. Daddy spotted me right away and gave me that warm smile that only he could give. "Hey sleepyhead. Hungry?" he asked. I nodded yes and went over to him. I wanted him to hold me.
     "Can I sit with you?" I whispered in his ear.
     "Of course babygirl," he said before gently placing me on his lap. I pouted and sunk my face into his chest. The drowsiness had not worn off yet. It feels like ages since I felt this feeling of comfort and bliss. Daddy could make anyone feel better. "Take a bite mama," Daddy said as he held a piece of chicken in front of my mouth. I obliged and sort of stared off into space. Everyone else kept talking while I continued to eat off of Daddy's plate.
     "Okay kids, help clean the table please. I don't want the flight attendants doing all the work. Got it?" he said sternly. They all nodded. He then faced me and said, "You and I have some talking to do young lady." He didn't say it in a you're about to get it way. It was more of a it's been a long time coming way. He swiftly carried me back into the bedroom and closed the door behind him.
     "Am I in trouble Daddy?" I asked trying to do my best imitation of Bambi. I already knew the answer, but it doesn't hurt to try right? He sat down next to me and pulled me on to his lap. He cradled my head with one hand, while his lips were pressed against my forehead. He rocked me back and forth, putting me in a calming trance. This was the Daddy I knew and loved. We stayed like that for a few minutes, before he pulled away and made me face him.
     "You know I love you right? You have to know that. I love you and your siblings more than life itself," he cooed.
     "I know," I mumbled while playing with the curls that fell down on his neck. I was feeling way too guilty to make any eye contact.
     "I don't like punishing you Mia. I really don't. I hate having to even think about using a belt on you. But you crossed the line. I gave you so many warnings, more than I can count. Enough is enough, do you understand me?" he reprimanded. I nodded yes as my bottom lip began to quiver. "And what was with the attitude earlier? Hm?" he questioned.
     "I don't know," I replied while shrugging my shoulders.
     "Come on, you know I expect a little more than that. Were you just cranky or is something else bothering you?" he questioned. God, it's like he could read my mind.
     "I-I-I just... y-y-you..." I stuttered.
     "Take your time, use your words baby," he said while rubbing my back. That's when the tears slipped out and I felt like I was going to break.
     "You reminded me of my old mom," I cried before burying my face into the crook of his neck.

Michael's POV
     I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest when Mia said those words. That's the last thing I wanted. My baby was scared of me. I reminded her of that monster that plagued her mind and heart. She needed to know the difference between her mother and I. "Mia, I love you. More than you can ever imagine. I wasn't beating you to take my anger out on you. Babygirl, when you do something wrong I have to discipline you. I'm your father, that's my job. Now I'm not fond of this method, but you left me no choice," I explained.
     "I'm sorry Daddy," she cried into my neck. I rubbed her back to soothe her.
     "I understand you're sorry, but your actions have consequences. When I tell you to stop doing something, you need to listen to me. There are rules you have to follow, no matter what. You don't throw your hands on someone. And you DEFINITELY do not curse. I'm not your mother sweetheart, what she did wasn't right. She wanted to hurt you, to make herself feel better. I promise you, that's not what I'm doing," I said
     I was praying to God that she understood the difference. Discipline and abuse are two different things. Her mother would beat her black and blue, so she could release her own anger. It was for her to feel a peace of mind. I know this because, Joseph was just like that. That's not me. That's not in my heart.
     "I know Daddy. She was a meanie," she included. I chuckled at her description. I held her tight, hoping she could feel my love for her. "I never wanna feel that belt again," she confessed.
     "Good. Behave so I never have to use it again," I chuckled while I poked her nose.
     "I will Daddy, I promise!" she exclaimed earnestly. As much as I wanted to believe her, I knew she wasn't going to keep herself out of trouble. She's a child, and she will make more mistakes. It's normal. And I will always be there to set her on the right path. Although I wasn't going to tell her this, I knew using the belt was going to be a rare occurrence. Only reason I did it this time was because it was a serious offense.
     "I love you ok? But please behave during this vacation, for both our sakes," I pleaded.
     "I love you too Daddy, and I will I promise," she smiled.
     "Good, now let's go watch a movie with your siblings," I said excitedly as I lightly tickled her sides. Mia burst out into giggles, making my heart leap with joy.