Chp 8

Mia's POV
It was time to finally leave the hotel. I was wearing a black skater dress with black flats, and a tiny black clutch. My hair was left down with curls at the end. I asked Grace if I could apply some makeup but she said Michael wouldn't be too happy about that. I let it go since we were all in such a rush.
I went out to the living room area and found Prince and Blanket in their black suits, looking bored out of their minds. Prince noticed me standing in the doorway and motioned me over to sit with them.
"Dad's never ready on time," Prince pointed out. "We could give him the whole day to get ready, but he'll still somehow manage to be late." I laughed at how impatient Prince and Blanket were getting. I guess it's because they've been waiting a whole lot longer for Michael than I had.
     The man of the hour finally blessed us with his presence. Hallelujah! We should've been on our way by now. "Are you guys ready to go?" Michael questioned with a smirk.
     "DAD?!?!" Prince said annoyed. We all laughed at his tiny outburst.
     "Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. Let's head out," Michael said. As we were making our way towards the lobby, I heard a lot of commotion coming from outside the doors. That's when it hit me that paparazzi was waiting outside. In the few moments I spent with Michael, I had forgotten that they were literally followed everywhere they went. And this was soon to become my reality as well.
     Michael noticed the nervous look on my face. Just like in the hospital, he bent down and tried to comfort me. He asked me if I wanted to be carried out like last time and I nodded my head no. I was a big girl now. I can't always be carried around. I don't want to look dumb.
     "Ok then hold on to my hand really tight Mia, and do not let go. And don't worry, I'm here to protect you. We're also surrounded by bodyguards. Nothing will happen ok?" Michael reminded me.
     His words of reassurance helped a bit with my nerves. We quickly dashed from the doorway of our hotel to Michael's car. We all sat down and Michael reminded us to buckle up. He couldn't stop talking about how excited he is for the show. You could just tell that he was beaming with pride. This was Paris's first fashion show to my understanding. She's done magazine shoots and brand deals, but this was her very first ramp walk.
     I was excited to go too. I've never been to a fashion show before. I've only seen snippets on tv. Everyone always looked super boujee. I never thought I would get to enter that world and witness it for myself. Michael noticed me lost in my own thoughts, staring out the window.
     "You ok sweetheart?" Michael questioned as he caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. I nodded yes. To be completely honest, my mind was racing. Too much was happening too fast. Maybe I should've stayed back with Grace at the hotel. But I know how badly Michael wanted to introduce me to the world as a family unit. I couldn't say no.
     The car stopped in front of the venue. It was super crowded. Paparazzi started surrounding the car. I felt like I wanna gonna go blind from all the flashes. Panic slowly started to take over my body. I held on to Michael's hand like my life depended on it. It was flash after flash. People screaming questions at Michael. Fans were trampling over each other to get a glimpse of him, maybe even a touch. It was complete chaos.
     "Michael who's the little girl?" seemed to be a frequent question.
     "She's my daughter," Michael responded. The flashes got worse once he revealed I was his daughter. We managed to get inside with the help of our bodyguards. It was just as chaotic inside as it was outside. People were running around, talking, drinking, taking photos. I'm used to not fitting in, but this was a whole new level. I've never felt so out of place my entire life.
     I didn't let go of Michael's hand even once. I'm a short girl, so I felt like the floor was gonna swallow me up whole. It was really interesting to see how this world functioned. There were many celebrities I recognized too. It felt surreal. We finally made it to our seats in the front row. Since Paris had no idea I was literally gonna be joining her family out of the blue, there were only reserved seats for Michael, Prince, and Blanket. I stayed seated on Michael's lap throughout the show.
     Now I'm not exactly the most fashion forward or artistic. So the show was kinda boring for me. The models looked weird and the clothes didn't look like anything I would want to wear out. Maybe it's a "this world" thing. When Paris walked out, we all clapped. Michael was smiling from ear to ear. He was so proud of her. And yes I'll admit, she looked absolutely gorgeous.
     Once the show was over, we all went backstage to see Paris. She hugged Michael as soon as we walked in. "How was I Daddy?" she asked excitedly.
     "You looked beautiful babygirl!" he exclaimed. We all took several photos and then it was finally time to head to dinner. Boy have I been waiting for this moment. Your girl was STARVING. Ok not literally starving, but I was bored and hungry.
     I didn't let go of Michael's hand even once during the whole fashion show. The more bored and annoyed I was, the tighter my grip got. Every now and then he would glance at me confused. I think he could finally tell that I needed to get out of there when he suggested, "Let's go eat and celebrate!"