Chp 38

Mia's POV
I woke up to the sun shining bright in my face. I stretched and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I looked around the room and realized I was alone. I got out of bed, sluggishly making my way down the stairs. Last night drained me. I walked to the kitchen and found everyone eating breakfast. Daddy spotted me and gave me a warm smile. "Good morning sleepyhead. I didn't want to wake you, but good thing you're up. We have more than enough waffles to go around," he said. I walked over to him, as he sat me down on his lap. I quickly snuggled into him, feeling sleepy.
"Still tired Mia?" he asked. I simply nodded my head. Prince also looked tired. His eyes were droopy and he was constantly yawning. I don't know how Daddy managed to be so chirpy every morning with such little sleep. "You want syrup on your waffles?" he asked as he fixed me a plate. I nodded yes and began to eat slowly.
"Mia how long were you up last night?" Paris asked. I shrugged my shoulders, not in the mood to make conversation yet. I was definitely not a morning person.
"Pretty late," Prince answered for me. "She came to me when neither of you guys would wake up," he said.
"Hey! I didn't even know she was trying to wake us up," Blanket said defensively. "What happened though? Why were you trying to wake us up?"
"Yeah your door was locked," Prince said with attitude. Daddy chuckled at his moodiness, he knows how little rest he got because of me.
"Mia couldn't find Daddy, so she was scared," Paris replied.
"I wasn't scared!" I said agitated.
"You most definitely were Mia," Prince laughed. "You screamed when you heard the wind outside." I sulked in Daddy's lap. I didn't want them to think I was a baby. It was a scary night! They weren't there the whole time, they wouldn't get it.
"Where did you end up finding Daddy?" Paris asked.
"In one of those extra rooms. He was with a lady," I blurted out. I didn't think too much into it. I said it like I saw it.

Michael's POV
I choked on my waffle. I quickly drank some water, as all eyes fell on me. Prince's eyes got wide, knowing the secret is now out. "Mia finish your food," I said trying to shut her up. Now is when she decided to talk? Really?! I looked down at my plate, hoping this topic was dropped.
"What do you mean he was with a lady?" Paris inquired.
"He was on top of her and..." Mia began.
"Mia! Talk less and finish your food," I said raising my voice. I didn't mean to yell at her but I panicked that the secret would be out. Hell, it was already out! God, I'm never gonna live this down. Mia looked up at me startled by my change of mood. She pouted and picked up another piece of waffle on her fork. Great. Now both my girls are going to be mad at me.
"Daddy, is she serious?" Paris questioned with her brows furrowed.
"We can talk about this after breakfast," I said. I was embarrassed and worried about Paris's reaction. I just wanted a peaceful meal for once. Paris glared at me and shook her head.
"Wow. That's great Daddy. So now you neglect Mia to sleep with some random lady!" she hissed. This escalated quick.
"Paris, watch your mouth. I didn't neglect Mia and you know that," I replied. Now I was starting to get annoyed.
"Well your daughter was scared out of her mind last night. But you wouldn't know since you were too busy getting it on with some groupie!" she yelled. I opened my mouth to say something but she beat me to it. "Glad to see where your priorities stand. Knowing you, you might even be married to this whore and we wouldn't even know it. Getting married in secrecy is a specialty of yours," she spewed.
"Alright get up!" I screamed at her. Paris remained seated with her arms crossed. I took Mia off my lap and got off my seat. I grabbed Paris's arm and pulled her up. "Go to your room and stay there!" I know Paris doesn't like the idea of having a new potential mom, but this wasn't even the case. Plus, all that disrespect and attitude was not necessary.
"Nice, send me away. As if me staying in my room will get rid of your sins!" she yelled at me. God, she can be so dramatic!
"Listen to me little girl, I don't need your permission for anything! You hear me? You don't like something I did, that's fine. We can talk about it. But don't be sitting at my table, eating the food I prepared for you, and running that smart ass mouth!" I yelled. Paris refused to make eye contact with me. She was clearly furious at the moment. "Now go upstairs! If you don't know how to speak to people with respect, you have no business being around them!" I said pointing at the direction of the staircase.
Paris walked away without saying another word. I let out a sigh and noticed the other 3 staring at me. I blame myself. This shouldn't even be a topic of discussion with your children. I should've been more careful. But that girl's attitude... God it irks me! None of us said a word as we finished our breakfast. "Blanket... Mia, go get ready for your tutors please," I finally spoke up.
     Blanket and Prince went up to their rooms to get ready for their day. Mia still remained seated, with her head resting on her hand. She looked lost in her own world. I knew she was tired. But I'm not letting her miss class. "Come on Mia, time to get ready," I said getting up. She groaned as she stayed in that same position. That pout still had not left her face.
     I knew she was upset about me raising my voice at her earlier. But she's gonna have to get over it for now. "Mia," I said in my warning tone. She knew not to test me after that little show Paris put on. She slowly got up from her chair and followed me upstairs. God, this was going to be a long day...