Chp 15

Mia's POV
I felt myself being picked up but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. I felt so exhausted. I guess the past few days have finally caught up to me. Reality was that I still hadn't fully recovered from my old mom's beating. My bruises still hurt and my body was tired. I knew I was in Daddy's arms when I felt his curls tickling my nose. And he had this scent to him, it was musky and sweet at the time. I guess it was his cologne.
I heard people talking around me but I didn't think it was important enough for me to open my eyes and officially come out of my slumber. But the more Daddy walked, the louder things got. And then I finally heard a big roar of people screaming "Michael". People were screaming and crying. All I could hear Daddy say was "thank you" and "I love you more".
I guess this warranted a peek. I slowly open my eyes but I was ambushed with flashes. People kept screaming "it's her" or "do you think it's her?". I was confused and dazed. Why were people so interested in me? I mean I know thats a stupid question considering who my father is now. But what I mean is that I'm practically no one. All I have going for me is that I'm the King of Pop's daughter. That's it. I haven't contributed anything in the world to be a "celebrity".
The flashes were blinding me so I decided to close my eyes again. While half awake, I could feel Daddy buckle my seat belt in the car. And I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep right after. Next thing I know, I was being carried by someone again. By this time, I was well rested and had enough sleep for what felt like a lifetime.
When I opened my eyes, I was in absolute shock. This place was magical! There was so much greenery. Trees, grass, flowers, hills. It looked like a painting. I could spot a ferris wheel from afar, along with several other huge amusement park rides. Where the hell was I? "Daddy?" I called out.
Daddy looked down at me while I was still being carried in his arms. "Good morning babygirl," he responds. I look up and see his beaming smile.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"We're home Mia," he said as he kissed the top of my head.