Chp 28

Michael's POV
     It's been a few weeks since I've confronted Paris. So far things were looking good. She handed over all her "goodies", which I obviously disposed of. I have a nurse come in every other day to help with her withdrawals. Paris was making progress and I was proud of her. As much as I wanted to keep this whole thing hush-hush from the other kids, I'm pretty sure they knew. We don't talk about it but it's known in the house. They're kind enough to not make Paris uncomfortable.
     It was a rainy Saturday morning. Its cloudy and grey, with no sign of the sun. As gloomy as it was, it was also kind of refreshing. I looked out the big windows as I drank my morning coffee. Rehearsals were finally over, as was the performance. I decided to take a little break for the next month. I've overworked myself in recent years, well every year of my life when I think about it. I think it's time to sit back, and enjoy doing what I love. Being a father.
     As relaxing as I thought my time off would be, I realized otherwise a few days into it. All 4 of my babies wanted my attention. Even my older ones, who were now in their 20's. They're not used to having me home all day long, so they all were very excited. I tried to have designated days for each of them, so no one feels left out. I've spent a lot of time with my older 3 in the past few days. I know it made Mia feel some type of way because she wasn't included.
     I couldn't really include Mia because, none of the activities were age appropriate for her. For example, Prince and I went to the wine cellar and shared a few drinks while we talked about life. Paris and I watched R rated movies. And as far as Blanket goes, well I feel like he opens up more when it's just him and me. He still has a hard time making his presence known with company. I knew I had to make it up to Mia.
I decided to get some drawings done while I enjoyed the rain. I was feeling extra inspired this morning. I thought about drawing something for my little Mia. I wanted to surprise her with it. My mind and hands flowed simultaneously, working the magic on to the sketch book. Soon, I saw my art come to life. It was a portrait of Mia, with her curls and big brown eyes. I drew little flowers in her hair, with butterflies surrounding her. I was lost deep into my art work, when I heard little footsteps behind me.
     "Daddy?" called out a tiny voice. I closed my sketch book and turned around. Mia stood there in her pink cupcake pajamas, hair looking like a nest. I chuckled at her appearance. I don't know what this girl does in her sleep, but she always wakes up with her hair looking like a wreck. She rubbed her eyes, as she pouted and whimpered. I pulled out my arm, gesturing her to come to me.
     I pulled her into my lap, and wrapped my big arms around her. She felt a little warm. "What's wrong babygirl?" I asked concerned.
     "I don't feel well," she whimpered. I placed the back of my hand against her forehead. Yeah she definitely felt warm. I got up from the couch, and carried her up the stairs. She seemed too weak to do anything. She had her little arms wrapped around my neck, with her face snuggled into the crook of my neck. I got a thermometer and checked her temperature, praying it wasn't anything too crazy.
     Her temperature was 101°F. "Aww baby, looks like you have a fever," I said while holding her against my chest. "Do you want to go back to sleep for now?"
     "No I wanna stay with you," Mia said while tightening her grip around me.
     "Ok sweetheart, relax," I cooed while rubbing her back. "I'm right here." It broke my heart to see her feel so weak. I hate when any of my kids get sick. This would be Mia's first time getting sick with me. I only pray she gets through this quick. She sat back down on my lap, with her head against my chest. I grabbed the blanket next to us, and wrapped ourselves in it to keep her warm.
     "Baby, how about I make you some soup today? It'll make you feel better," I suggested. And as if right on cue, her face went pale at the sound of the word soup. Without warning, Mia's body tensed up and she hurled in my lap. And last nights dinner was now all over my pajamas and chest. My white V-neck, now stained. And the skin on my chest now felt icky. God this was gonna be a long day!
     Mia instantly began to sob. Poor thing. "I'm sorry Daddy. I didn't mean to," she cried. I was disgusted but I felt so bad for my little one. She could no longer trust her own bodily functions. She was clearly embarrassed at the same time. I pulled her off my lap and stood her up. Vomit was all over her as well. I guess today is gonna be laundry day after all.
     "It's okay babygirl. It's not your fault. I'm not mad ok?" I reassured her. I helped her get out of her pajamas and ran a bath for her. "You take a nice warm bath Mia. Daddy's gonna go take a quick shower in the downstairs bathroom ok? If you need any help, just press this button," I explained while pointing at the intercom. "I will try to get to you as fast as I can." I grabbed her dirty pajamas to take to the laundry room, before walking out of the bathroom. "Make sure you clean behind those ears baby," I reminded her.
     On my way down to the laundry room, I bumped into Prince. His face looked pale and his eyes looked red. "Daddy, I don't feel well," he said with a scratchy voice. Oh god, now two kids are sick. Before I could answer, he pinched his nose and squinted his eyes. "What is on your shirt?" he asked disgusted. Shit, I forgot about Mia's little explosion all over me.
     "Mia's sick too. Poor thing got sick all over me," I informed him. "Why don't I make you some ginger tea for your throat Applehead," I offered.
     "No it's okay Dad, I got it. You should really go shower instead," he chuckled while scrunching his nose. I smirked at him. Sick but still manages to crack jokes.
     "Boy shutup," I laughed. Ugh this was gonna be a long day. I could feel it. So much for some time off. I sighed as I went to take a quick shower, before my Daddy duties begin.