Chp 12

Mia's POV
Just like last time, Michael popped his head through the door before I could answer. I couldn't tell what mood he was in through his poker face. He came into the room and crossed his arms. I glanced up at him and quickly looked down again. Tears were still making their way down my face. I couldn't look Michael in the eye. It was a mix of fear and guilt that made me feel like my heart was gonna stop beating. Guilt more than anything.
I noticed Michael make his way towards me through my peripheral vision. I felt some weight on the bed right next to me. My lips were still quivering and my face was still tear stained. I looked up at Michael and he looked disappointed. His arms were still crossed. I was hoping he would've softened up by now.
"Do you have anything to say Mia?" Michael questioned with his eyebrows furrowed. I broke down hysterically crying this time. Through my heavy sobs, I managed to get a few words out.
"I'm sorry Daddy please don't be mad. I'm really really sorry. I won't ever do that again. I promise. Please don't send me back," I begged while rubbing the tears away.

Michael's POV
My heart stopped beating. Did she just say.... Did I hear that right? Ughh all I wanted to do was pick her up into my arms and hold her close to my heart. But I needed to be strong and hold my ground. What she did earlier was absolutely unacceptable. But my heart was melting. The fact that she thought that I would EVER send her away from me, broke my heart into a million pieces.
"Come here," I said while motioning her over to my lap. She came and sat down and I held her tight. In what became our "regular position" now, I held her tight while cradling the back of her head with one hand. I had my lips pressed against her forehead, while I rocked her back and forth. No words were exchanged. No matter how mad I was, I wanted her to know that I still loved her. We stayed like that for a few minutes. When I felt her sobs slowly disappearing, I decided it was time to have the talk with her. I lifted her chin so she could look at me.
"You know what you did earlier is unacceptable, right Mia?" I questioned. She slowly nodded her head. "I don't know what it was like in your last home babygirl, but in my household you're gonna have rules. You don't do whatever you want just because you're upset. This is a hotel. It's not our property. You have to respect other people's spaces. What you did was very disrespectful," I lectured. I could see the guilt in her big brown eyes.
"And Mia, when I ask you to do something, I expect it to be done. I shouldn't have to repeat myself several times. Like when I say to wait for me in your room, do it without me having to tell you again and again. When I say it's time to take a bath, you need to do it without me having to carry you there myself young lady," I admonished.
"I know I'm sorry. I'll listen to you I promise," she cried. I placed a soft kiss against her forehead once again, reminding her that she is loved.
"I don't want to have to raise my voice or punish you. I don't like doing that. And another thing babygirl, I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, send you away. Not to your old parents or anyone new. You belong to me... you belong to this family," I reminded her. I took a tissue from the box near my foot. God this room was a mess. I placed the tissue in front of her nose. "Blow," I said gently. She obliged and I wiped some of her tears away before she spoke up again.
"So a-a-are you gonna punish me?" Mia stuttered with tears in her eyes.
"Yes you are on punishment," I replied.
"Uh wait, um I don't get it," she said confusingly.
"Well, for starters I want you to clean up this room. Put everything back where it belongs. Clean up the mess, including that beautiful art work on the wall," I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, but caught herself quick when she remembered how much trouble she's already in. She nodded her head yes.
"Also, no toys, no tv, and no rides. Pretty much no Neverland activities. Once we get back to Neverland, I'm going to set you up with a private tutor. So you can read and study as much as you want with all the free time you are about to have," I said.
"No rides? What rides?" Mia questioned.
"The rides at Neverland. Did you ever see pictures of my house on tv or the internet?" I asked. She nodded her head no. "Well little miss Mia, you are in for a surprise when we get back to California," I said smiling. She smiled back. For the first time in hours, I finally saw my little girl smile.
"When are we going back?" she questioned.
"Our flight is tonight," I informed her. There was a long pause as she digested everything I had just told her. I know it's difficult to obey a stranger who's now supposed to be your father. It was hard for me to obey Joseph at times, and he was actually my biological father. So I can only imagine Mia's situation. But we have to start somewhere. She looked like she wanted to say something but she kept hesitating. "What is it sweetheart? Do you have something you wanna say?" I questioned curiously.
"So no spanking right?" she whispered curiously. I put a finger to my chin and acted like I was in deep thought. She looked like she was gonna stop breathing in anticipation. I couldn't stop myself from letting out a laugh.
"No spanking babygirl," I reassured her. She looked so relieved. I placed a kiss on the top of her head, and took her off my lap. "Ok let's go get you some breakfast. And afterwards I want you right back in here and cleaning up. Got it?" I asked.
"Yes Daddy," she replied. There it was again! My heart melted. I looked down at her with biggest smile on my face.
"You did it again," I pointed out.
"Did what?" she questioned.
"You finally called me Daddy," I said. I couldn't get the grin off my face.
"Is it ok if I call you that?" Mia asked.
"Of course babygirl," I said as I ruffled her hair on the top of head. She held my hand as we walked to the dining room.

*Hi guys, I hope whoever is reading this story is enjoying it. I'm always open to suggestions, so feel free to state your opinion ❤️*