Chp 51

Mia's POV
It was now Friday night, and everyone was scrambling around the house to pack for our trip. Daddy was helping me pack, but I wanted to do it by myself. Everyone else got to do it by themselves, why couldn't I? I took one of the stuffed animals off my shelf, and put it into the suitcase Daddy was working on.
"Mia, this is the 3rd stuffed animal you packed. Put it back. You don't need that many," he said sternly.
"Yes I do, I can't sleep without them," I said defensively.
"Young lady, I've never seen you sleep with a single one of these stuffed animals," he chuckled. "You're only allowed to take one, put the other two away please." I hesitantly put the other two back where they belonged. I tried to pack more miscellaneous things, but Daddy didn't let me. It was all just boring clothes and shoes.
"When are we going?" I asked.
"Tomorrow morning sweetheart," he answered. "Ok you're all packed. Now let me go help your siblings," he said before pecking me on the cheek. I instantly felt bored and alone. Everyone was busy packing, even Grace. I went downstairs and sat down in the family room, only to remember that I still wasn't allowed to watch TV. Ugh! This sucks!
Just then I noticed someone moving around in the kitchen. All the kitchen staff was gone for the night, and everyone else was upstairs. I slowly walked up to take a peek. "What are you doing?" I asked in my toughest voice. The person jumped and turned around, revealing their startled face. It was Lisa Marie.
"Oh it's only you Mia," she chuckled. "You scared me," she said with a hand to her chest.
"What are you doing here?" I asked. I hadn't seen her in the house since that dinner. And judging from everyone else's feelings towards her, no wanted her here. Paris told me that she's trying to take Daddy away from us. After hearing that, I felt even more guilty for suggesting him to make Lisa Marie our mom. There's no way I'm letting her take Daddy.
"I was just getting a snack before I head out. My fridge in the guest house didn't really have anything I liked," she explained. So she thought it was ok to just eat our food? Rude.
"You're leaving?" I questioned.
"Yes, I was only supposed to stay here till you guys went on vacation," she smiled. I didn't return the smile.
"Ok then, go on your way," I said with attitude. Lisa Marie stared at me for a second, before coming closer to me.
"Hey are you upset with me? You sound a little mad. You were the only person I got along with that night, I thought maybe we were... you know... friends," she said gently.
"Why would we be friends? You're old," I blurted out. She did her nervous laugh before running her fingers through my curls.
"You're adorable, just like your father," she giggled. I pushed her hand away.
"STAY AWAY FROM MY DADDY!" I yelled in her face.

Paris's POV
I was walking to the kitchen to get some water. All this packing is exhausting me! As I'm about to turn the corner to go in, I hear Mia screaming, "STAY AWAY FROM MY DADDY!" What the hell? I walk in and find Mia's back towards me, and Lisa Marie's shocked expression. Lisa Marie tried to put her hand on Mia's shoulder, but she smacked it away.
     "Honey, I'm not—" Lisa Marie started before Mia cut her off.
     "SHUTUP! Why do you keep coming here? You're not married to Daddy anymore. Go away and stay away!!!" Mia screamed at the stop of her lungs.
     "Mia..." I called out. I knew Mia is upset about Lisa Marie being here, so am I. But I need Mia to calm down before she loses her breath. She was all red in the face and breathing heavy. Lisa Marie opened her mouth to say something, but couldn't get any words out before Mia lunged at her with her fists. Not that she was really doing any damage, considering how tiny she is. She only came up to below Lisa Marie's chest.
     "BITCH!" Mia screamed while she continued to throw her futile punches. I ran over to pull Mia off of her. This was escalating way too fast.

Michael's POV
     I was finally done helping the boys pack. They're a lot easier compared to my girls. The girls want to take every little piece of crap they own. From stuffed animals to tiny bottles of nail polish, it's ridiculous. The boys only want to pack a few pairs of underwear and clothes, and they're done. I was making my way back into my bedroom, when I heard yelling downstairs.
     It all sounded muffled, so I couldn't really tell what was being said. I think that's Mia's voice. I rolled my eyes as I walked down the stairs. Paris and Mia are probably fighting again. These two have the strangest bond. One second they'll be at each other's throats, and the next second they're inseparable. As I got closer to where the noise is coming from I heard Mia yell, "BITCH!"
     My brows furrowed and my eyes widened. Did that just come out of Mia's mouth? I walked into the kitchen, witnessing something I never expected I would. Paris is trying to pull Mia off of Lisa Marie, who's just standing there taking Mia's tiny punches and vile words. I'm livid. This girl is about to get it. I rushed over and yanked Mia off of her victim by her arm. Without any words spoken, I turned her around and smacked her bottom several times. Tears were obviously streaming down her face. I can't believe that after her last punishment, she had the audacity to have an outburst like this.
     "Apologize to Lisa Marie, and go up to your room! If I have to repeat myself one more time, I'm taking you over my knee... right here and right now!" I yelled in her face. This was no empty threat. I'm furious at Mia. One thing I can't stand is a child with no manners. It's one thing to act out with family, it's another thing to act out with guests. Especially, when you're throwing punches and cursing at this person. Jesus Christ. Mia's impudence ends right here. I've had it with her. I've given her enough warnings.
     She stood there angry and crying, before I smacked her again to get her attention. Once again, silent. "You know what, come here," I said sternly as I sat down on a chair. She knew what this meant, and she wanted to save whatever dignity she had left. Mia avoided a real spanking in front of Paris and Lisa Marie, by apologizing and running off to her room quickly. "Paris, give us a few minutes please," I said. She nodded her head and walked away.
     I turned towards Lisa Marie, and found her teary eyed. I let out a sigh. "I'm so so so sorry Lisa. She's normally not like this. I don't know what got into her. I apologize from the bottom of my heart," I said earnestly.
     "No Mike, you were right. It confuses them when I come around. It's not right. Just go easy on her, she has a lot of anger built up. And she's clearly very attached to you," she pointed out.
     "Doesn't matter, she should know better. This was the last straw," I said furiously. "Once again, I'm sorry she acted like that with you. Believe me, you'll be getting a sincere apology on the phone tomorrow, from a very sorry little girl," I said matter-of-factly.
     "No need Mike," she chuckled. "Have a safe trip," she smiled. I expected her to leave but instead, she leaned in slowly. I realized what she was trying to do and took a few steps back.
     "Lisa... what I said the other day still stands," I said annoyed. Why do people feel the need to undermine everything I say? If it's not my daughter, then it's Lisa. Why can't people just listen to what I say? God, I'm so frustrated. All I want to do is go in this freaking vacation already.
     "I know Mike, I'm not expecting anything out of this. It's nothing we haven't done before. Just one goodbye kiss," she pleaded. I looked into her eyes, and I felt bad that her time away from her problems, only caused her more problems. Her time at the ranch was anything but pleasant. I was distant and my children were monsters to her. I let out a sigh and obliged. I leaned in and held her chin and cheek with one hand, while cradling her head with the other. Our lips touched, leading to our tongues swirling, leaving us in complete bliss.
     I pulled away and rubbed her cheeks gently. "You can call me if you need me love," I said gently. She gave me a weak smile before giving me a side hug. "Get home safe," I said.
     "Have fun on your vacation. God knows y'all need it," she giggled. I smiled and watched her walk out the door, leaving me alone with my thoughts. All I wanted to do was dream about what this trip was going to be like. But now I have to go deal with Mia, and I know I'm going to have to do something I don't want to...