01.

ONE; A DUMBASS, HER OLDER SISTER AND THE PARAMEDIC

THREE MONTHS LATER

"I saw a video of you on the television the other day," Alicia Nilsson said, sipping from her coffee mug, her eyebrows raised a little. Sabrina sat the other side of the kitchen counter, a sheepish smile on her face. Her older sister cleared her throat, as if expecting her to say something. "I thought you said you were going to stop with all this magician crap. Especially since you're up for that promotion at work."

"It's just a hobby," Sabrina insisted, throwing her head back dramatically. She then squeaked in shock as she knocked her hot chocolate onto the floor, the mug shattering once it hit the tile. "Oops."

"You know, for someone with a sense of danger, you'd think you'd stay as far away from anything in your own vicinity," Alicia sighed, watching as the brunette shot from her chair and began to pick up the jagged shards of porcelain, swearing under her breath. "Hey, don't forget Jack's home, try to keep the language to a minimum."

"Sorry," Sabrina muttered, before accidentally slicing open her thumb. "Shit!"

"Brie, you're such an idiot," Alicia groaned, jumping up and rushing to get the first aid kit. "How am I supposed to keep you safe when I'm in Australia and you're...you?"

"Thanks, asshole," Sabrina scoffed, before yelping as her exposed knee scraped against one of the larger broken pieces. "Fuck me!"

"Oh for God's sake!" Alicia yelled from the next room over. "Shut up! Jack likes to repeat stuff!"

"I'm fine, thank you for your concern!" Sabrina called back, falling onto her backside, and trying to figure out which injured part of her body to cradle. "Hey, isn't your neighbour a doctor or something?"

"He's a paramedic, and I don't want to bother him," Alicia's voice grew in volume as she turned the corner, only to see her sister, covered in blood. Unfortunately, it wasn't an uncommon sight. The older woman exhaled, her face growing red in annoyance. "I'll go get him. Make sure Jack stays in the family room."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Sabrina responded over her shoulder, but she was cut off by the front door slamming shut. The woman sighed, tilting her head back and clenching her jaw. All this over a video. 

Shit, the video. 

"Hey, Jack!" Sabrina called out, hoping her six year-old nephew would hear her and come running. "Can you do me a quick favour?"

"Sure, Aunt Brie!" a bright, high-pitched voice quipped in response, before the patter of footsteps came around the corner. 

Before he could enter the room, Sabrina glanced around her and then looked down at her reflection in the kitchen tile. "What's your wildest dream?"