24.

TWENTY-FOUR; EMO BITCH ENERGY

Sabrina groaned a little as she woke, feeling absolutely shattered with an intense craving for chocolate. She lifted her hand to her forehead and felt the heat exuding from her skin. Pushing herself onto her elbows, she looked around and saw that she was in her living room. She sighed softly, awkwardly resting against the cushions of her couch.

She didn't remember getting back to her apartment, so she assumed Diego must have dropped her off. Curling up on the warm fabric, she pulled the blanket close to her body and closed her eyes once more, trying to adjust before she got to her feet. It was short-lived, though, as her phone began to ring. Jumping up in surprise, Sabrina groaned and wrapped the blanket around her, shuffling to the wall to pick up the device. Her voice was thick and groggy by the time she reached it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Brie. It's Detective Patch," Eudora's soft voice bled into Sabrina's ears. "Sorry to bother you, I know you don't work Thursdays. It's just, I have Diego Hargreeves here, and you're his emergency contact."

"Has something happened?" Sabrina asked, her eyebrows furrowing a little, though at the same time she held back a yawn. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," Eudora responded. "He got a bit too nosy last night and we had to take him in. Would you be able to pick him up?"

Sabrina glanced at the clock on her oven and saw that it was quarter to ten in the morning. She scratched the back of her head and exhaled through her nose. "Yeah, sure. I'll be there in fifteen."

★☆

Sabrina rocked up to the police station looking like she had been dragged out of a hedge backwards, but she didn't care. She felt like she was hungover, and she knew why. She shouldn't have used her powers on herself again, especially for such a long time. She struggled to find her way back out of the holes she would dig, which meant she could struggle to differentiate reality from her fiction.

"Morning, kid," Sisco watched as she walked past his desk, a paper cup of black coffee in her right hand and her car keys in the left. He turned around in his chair and looked up at her, his expression concerned. "You look like shit."

"Thanks, Sisco," she forced a smile, her eyes not really focusing on anything. "I, uh, had a rough night last night."

"You wanna talk about it?" he asked carefully, raising his eyebrows a little. She shook her head without hesitation. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's all good," she waved him off, before continuing her path to Eudora's desk. Once she was seen approaching, the detective unlocked Diego's handcuffs and allowed him to stand. The man shook the numbness from his hands and sighed dramatically, as if he'd just been freed from a life sentence. Sabrina didn't have the energy to make a scene, so she stopped once she was beside him. "Sorry about this, Eudora."